PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Question... What brand?

Groves187
07-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Yes i did a search and didn't find what i need.

I am trying to find out what exhaust to use for my hybrid, right now I have the TC shorty. Its a good exhaust but I dont think the local tracks will let me use it. So now I am trying to figure out what exhaust works the best, I did read that people are moding YFZ450 complete systems??? But what brand works the best is my question? I would like to find a good exhaust system that is under the MX DB lvl and still will make good power..

Thanks, Nick

CrackerboyLV
08-03-2007, 01:44 PM
After fighting to pass sound with my TC for nearly a year, I too had to try something else. I looked at using the Motoworks full system for a YFZ450 and modifying it (they make great stuff), but it was a long way from fitting correctly. I couldn't justify cutting up a brand new pipe even though they would have given it to me at cost. So....

I ended up buying a used White brothers silencer for a 426. I had to cut about 3"off the pipe but other than that, it bolted right up! (I can shoot a photo of the part I cut off if you would like)
As a bonus... the bends are in the right spots to keep it off my plastics. Now for the bad news... it is exactly 99db. It's a long way from the 107 db that my TC put out, but, if the sound restrictions tighten, I'll be looking for another pipe. Next time I will probably use a FMF powerbomb header and a Q series silencer or a GYTR with a quiet core.

See if you can find a local dealer who will let you test fit a bike exhaust, it might fit closer than you think.

ss440ex
08-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Try the place where you bought your head pipe from.....
Make sure he knows what your doin.