PDA

View Full Version : anti-fade problem

mineralgrey01gt
07-28-2007, 02:35 PM
I just bought a LSR anti-fade and I put it on the bike and there is about a 3/4" gap from the snap ring groove in the axle to the anti-fade. Now I did tighten the anti-fade all the way down up against the brake rotor assembly of the anti-fade. Am I not suppose to do this? Do I need to just loosen it up and line the snap ring up with the groove in the axle for it to work right? Or am I missing some type of spacer?

pimpt250r
07-28-2007, 03:24 PM
theres a tapered type washer that the snap ring goes against (the snap ring does go in the groove )and the antifade goes against the washer that pushes against the snap ring

mineralgrey01gt
07-28-2007, 05:06 PM
hmm any pics of the washer? I see the groove that the snap ring goes in but it doesnt look like a washer will fit there also

deathman53
07-29-2007, 06:04 AM
wierd, I don't have this washer on my bikes. I have lsr anti-fades and it has a groove in it for the circlip to go. Are you sure you have the right model anti-fade?? I bought an anti-fade from a guy who used a 250r one on a 450r, it had the same problem.

You screw it all the way in, put it on, put the circlip on, then turn it so the anti-fade opens up, give it 1/4 more turn and then tighten up the 5mm allen bolts.

Jersey450R
07-29-2007, 06:44 AM
watch when you tighten the pinch bolts...i stripped mine out of a perfectly good antifade. they are very soft. keep them lubed and tighten often.