PDA

View Full Version : 400EX to a 450R

speedracer350X
07-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Looking to buy or at least start dealing for a 450R. Love my 400EX, just need something a little bigger/better handling for me to keep up with my buddies on their Predator's. YZF 450's, etcc. Not planning on racing, just fast trail riding and hill climbing. I'm lucky if I ride once a month or so, then I wash it and put it away. Probably put a pipe and filter on it , just like my EX to wake it up a little. Looking for reliability issues, probably my last "sport" quad I buy. Had my EX 4 years now, no complaints or problems. Just itching for the "newest, and bestest" I guess. Any feedback from guys who switched rides over the years would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

killroy
07-29-2007, 09:57 AM
i did the switch the same as you right when they came out in 2004. Your gonna wish you wouldnt have waited so damn long

07-29-2007, 11:34 AM
i made the switch...it took me a year and over a grand in suspension work to get the 450r to be as fast on it as i was on the ex...after having the front shocks revaled, the rear shock revalved with a gt thunder link, trailtech x-bars and clamp, i finally feel as if the r is as good as the ex is/was.

power wise, it is def. noticable, but i did not say "oh my god" because i was blown away by the difference...there is just not quite that much difference

i will say that it is harder to ride on the trails because it wants to be run in the high rpms...a full exhuast did make it better...it can be lugged around a little more...and i think that maybe dropping a tooth on the front sprocket will make it even better...i am going to wait until it needs a new chain and sprockets before i do that...