PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi laws

One_Bad_400
07-27-2007, 09:41 PM
can someone find the mississippi laws for horns please? i just installed a set of 152 dB train horns on my truck and i've hurd there illegal but i honked them infront of a cop tonight and he didnt do anything but get an additude... lol... and then i hurd on the news there trying to make them illegal but cant untill someone gets killed by one?!?! so are they or are they not?

<DRS>GPF
07-28-2007, 07:01 AM
http://www.nonoise.org/news/noisenew.htm

95dB is fast becoming the standard for vehicle exhausts(cars, bikes, atv's etc..) , which doesnt hurt my feelings at all..

but vehicle horns, car audio, etc. are a different matter and appear to be regulated by the local residential statutes..

07-28-2007, 07:04 AM
95dB is way too quiet. There are so many bikes that are way over that!

<DRS>GPF
07-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Honda86
95dB is way too quiet. There are so many bikes that are way over that!

i sort of agree, but i like quiet evenings and quiet mornings..
but most if not all statutes are talking about residential areas(excluding a "riding park"..)

there's only a few bikes and cars in my little town that are extremely loud.. too much so IMO.. (better than 120dB ill bet)
most of them keep it down till they leave town, which is cool by me.. but therell always be a couple of jerks.(probably compensating for some inadequacy)
in any case, they dont bother me enough to say anything.. theyll outgrow it soon enough.