PDA

View Full Version : motor mods ?

quadlee
07-27-2007, 09:05 PM
just curios on what people have been doing to get the power out of the LTR 450 ? I dont mean the bolt on stuff either. ( pipe cherry bomb and ignition mapping ) I have all that. I have a dasa built trx 450 that I race mx nationals on. And I bought a ltr 450 and done all the bolt on mods but at my level I am going to have to do some motor mods. plan on buying a new 08 when it hits my dealer floor and I want to build a full national mx quad. let me know what you guys have done so far and how it has worked.

Ride1Rob
07-28-2007, 07:37 AM
If you run nationals you shouldn't be asking this question :ermm: . Anyone that races on that level knows High comp piston, portwork, and cams are the basis for building a national motor. It's just a matter of how extreme you intend on going. In terms of the results... I've seen some built national motors from Rage here in Florida at some of our SSQSA series events and those LTR's are wicked :eek2: Only thing, the tranny doesn't hold up to that much HP very well.

LTR450_#67
07-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Yeah the high powered motor would eat a stock tranny in a few motos......luckily ATP Racing does a tranny service to make them last. The new '08 LTR should (hopefully) be better as Suzuki made some changes to make the tranny shift better.

Atp builds Jeremy Lawsons engines.

Aaron

450Rchaser
08-14-2007, 06:13 AM
What type of trans service do they do? i have the mods in my sig. already, but I would like to go w/ the 498 Ice Cube too and im sure that would not be good on a stock trans.