PDA

View Full Version : Metrakit

Nichols Atvs
07-27-2007, 08:49 PM
We needs some input on the metrakit conversion. Those who are using them and those who have installed them and even metrakit them selves. We want to hear the ins and outs.and dont hold back, we will even take the bad . just give it to us straight.

kenjolly
07-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Hurry my order is on it way,

from what i have seen a herd its great bolt on power. i havent seen to many 70cc that pull wheelies for 30 to 40 yrd until yesterday without trying.

Logan #34's Dad
07-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Well, If you spend the cash and buy the pipe along with cylinder the Metrakit is great. Remember - if you are not watercooled now you will need the pump and hoses and radiator. Your looking somewhere in the $1000.00 area. There are engine guys that prefer aircooled. The current 70cvt points leader in the ATVA is aircooled and so is the fastest 90cc rider. My recommendation is suspension first. If your rider is not ringin the neck of the motor you have then don't bother with engine upgrade. To many of us try to make the quad engine faster and the rider can't use what he has. ME TOO.

ecmini1
07-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
Well, If you spend the cash and buy the pipe along with cylinder the Metrakit is great. Remember - if you are not watercooled now you will need the pump and hoses and radiator. Your looking somewhere in the $1000.00 area. There are engine guys that prefer aircooled. The current 70cvt points leader in the ATVA is aircooled and so is the fastest 90cc rider. My recommendation is suspension first. If your rider is not ringin the neck of the motor you have then don't bother with engine upgrade. To many of us try to make the quad engine faster and the rider can't use what he has. ME TOO.

Well put! I have always said 80% rider 20% machine.

All the power in the world is worthless unless you know how to use it correctly.:D

Nichols Atvs
07-27-2007, 10:08 PM
We are getting there slowly keep them coming boys Kens really got the itchies and it on his way. Make me want to buy it sell it to me. I want to feel like my wife does when she see apair of new shoes. (THAT I GOTA HAVE !)

dblacks
07-28-2007, 01:27 AM
more work can be done to an air coolded cylinder than a water cooled cylinder, as stated above, an underpowered machine with more suspension can usually win in mx

remember Drew was leading in points at Eaton until we missed a race( and probably not going back) due to the NEATV schedule, great suspension but underpowered aircooled Kasea vs a well suspended overpowered liquid cooled 90 apex.......80% rider, 20% macine

90 always got the holeshots but the 70 always won

hotquads1
07-28-2007, 06:23 AM
my 2 cents

airsal, metrakit, and mallossi etc can all make comparable power , components have to match each set-up for best results . metrakit is by far the most expensive, but you can bolt it on with no mods(porting) and have good results, as long as you match it with a pipe that pulls in the correct range .so for the do it your selfer this is my first choice. for those who may have a good pipe and be running an aircooled bike(most of us) it will be much less expensive to buy an airsal cyl and have it ported by an expert, bolt it on and save several hundred dollars. wheelies are cool and holeshots are nice but races are won at the finish line, and suspension will get you there before power. IMO the average mx racer will get better laptimes with a fully modded suspesion and a stock engine, than a driver with a fully modded engine and a stock suspension. been there done that!
marc

camsdad
07-28-2007, 08:18 AM
any properly tuned 70 with an adult rider will pull wheelies....i personally dont want my quads to wheelies...ive ran every type of 70cc combo out there,have atleast as much r&d time if not more than anyone...been playing with 70's long b4 there was a class for them,my r&d started the metrakit buzz 2 yrs ago..the metrakit stuff works great,remember there are 2 different cylinders..dont let ozz tell you the sport cylinder doesnt work..if your going to have a cylinder ported the drx cylinder works pretty good...the metrakit is worth the money for the do it yourselfer...you do not need a larger radiator for it either..

kenjolly
07-28-2007, 09:08 AM
The reference to wheelies was just to show the power gain over stock.

I agree on the suspension, thats what i ordered first a full suspension. i will add the motor mods as he needs them.

drr5
07-30-2007, 09:03 AM
i agree with camsdad we have one of his a/c 70 national motors and the last i checked it ripps, i still think my kid was faster on that than anything ive thrown at him in a long time,and this was not a high dollar malossi,airsal cylinder,thinking about putting this to use for my youngest.