PDA

View Full Version : favorite dunes in oregon

400exfan19
07-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Out of these three, which dunes do you like the best? winchester bay, coos bay or florence? and why?

LPjustin
07-29-2007, 12:27 PM
i spent a day at florence and a week at winchester. never been to coos bay. but, since i got to know winchester better than florence i'd say winchester. but maybe if i spent more time florence i'd discover something and like it better. haha i don't know.

JOEX
07-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Florence and Coos Bay are much larger than Winchester.

For me it's a toss up between Florence & Coos Bay (Horsefal) with a slight lean toward Florence. The overall size and variety of riding is great at both places.

Crazybeautiful
08-06-2007, 11:00 PM
my fav is winchester... you can ride all night, no curfew :D

400exfan19
08-07-2007, 07:36 PM
i just got back from a week at the dunes, we went to all three. overall i liked coos bay and winchester the most. Winchester had the biggest hills, coos bay had pretty good hills with ALOT of challenging trails and good jumps, florance has a couple good racing hills but i really did not like the part with all those drop offs. There are ALOT of sudden drop off and sudden dunes, we wen you go against where the wind usually goes its kinda fun because you go up those drop offs instead of down them.

quadracer505
08-08-2007, 03:33 PM
dude sand lake for life. lol. winchester bays got my vote