PDA

View Full Version : What tools needed to change out clutch springs

dopeyferree
07-27-2007, 05:51 PM
I just had to pay a mechanic to install my new clutch springs in a Kasea 50. I couldnt get the rear clutch apart. What tool do I need to get so I can do this myself next time. I paid more to have the springs put in than I paid for the entire clutch kit :mad:

Livin4Real
07-27-2007, 05:58 PM
All you need for the shoe springs are a pair of needle nose piers and a good grip and vise. For the big spring on the rear clutch I just put it in a vise and crank it down until I can get the nut on then use an impact. If I have someone else with me just push down on it while they put the nut on. The impact helps a ton for installing/removing the large rear nut, just make sure you are applying pressure when removing or you'll be dodging flying debris when the nut finally comes off, lol.

Brian

dopeyferree
07-27-2007, 06:20 PM
That was the problem , I couldnt get the big nut off. Tried putting it in a vice but I was using a large wrench instead of an impact and didnt want to clamp down too hard in fear of bending the pulleys. Which way do to put it in the vice . to hold it? Also off hand do you know what size socket it was for the big nut.

wvspeedfreak
07-27-2007, 07:41 PM
I use a 1 1/2" socket on them.

Livin4Real
07-27-2007, 08:18 PM
If you have an impact just put the clutch on a solid surface and push down while backing the nut off.

jd100879
02-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Hey all,

I have hesitated to post this due to the fact that I am the manufacturer.

We have developed a clutch tool that makes assembly and disassembly of the rear clutch a snap. This allows one person to replace the springs in a matter of minutes. The clutch tool increases safety 100 fold.

A full demonstration can be see on our site @ www.ztrproducts.com

I would post a pic but its too large.

Thanks,

Reimer Racing
02-09-2008, 10:22 AM
We got are clutch tool from ZTR and love it. No more hassles with changing the springs. The big plus for me was no more asking the wife or the kid to help turnning the nut on. I know alot of guys might try to copy this and make their own but trust me the quality of this tool is awesome.

jd100879
02-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks Paul.

It always sounds better coming from a satisfied customer. As one guy put it there will be 'no more face busters' by using our new tool

Thanks,

etondaddy
02-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Of course after we go Honda someone comes out with a CVT clutch tool.............:huh Paul that's funny do you know how times I've held the clutch down getting dents in my hands while Missy or Kyle tried to but that thin fine thread nut on.......... looks like a great tool. But I really like the chain tensioner Kyle will have one on the Honda. Where can you get one.

Mike Kozura

jd100879
02-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by etondaddy
Of course after we go Honda someone comes out with a CVT clutch tool.............:huh Paul that's funny do you know how times I've held the clutch down getting dents in my hands while Missy or Kyle tried to but that thin fine thread nut on.......... looks like a great tool. But I really like the chain tensioner Kyle will have one on the Honda. Where can you get one.

Mike Kozura

Hey Mike give us a break :D LOL Sorry, the clutch tool wasn't available when you needed it but thankfully it is now.

etondaddy
02-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by jd100879
Hey Mike give us a break :D LOL Sorry, the clutch tool wasn't available when you needed it but thankfully it is now.

That's just my luck lol. It looks like a great tool and I would definitely have one if we were still running CVT's. I might just buy one anyway............ don't tell Kyle but I was thinking of keeping the E-Ton and making a TT racer out of it.

I hope it's OK to post this pic.......... but I want Dave Carter to see it and if he gives me the OK that it will work on his swing arm I'll take one. I'll let you know.

Looks like you have to click on the link.......... sometime the image brackets don't work.

Mike Kozura

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/chain_tensioner_pic.jpg

jd100879
02-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Mike, I can almost guarantee that it will fit Dave Carter's swing arm. The ZTR Chain Tensioner will fit anything the old tensioner (Hetrick tensioner) will fit.

Speaking of Dave Carter I need to touch base with him. Dave could you pm me or someone tell me his handle?

Thanks,

etondaddy
02-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Check your pm's

ww228king
02-09-2008, 04:19 PM
does any one of your guys run the ZRT torq springs....are they better that mallossi...

Reimer Racing
02-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Mike, I am thinking swap, Quaker Steak & Lube wings.

About the compression springs I have not tried them yet due the all the snow we have up here in Buffalo NY. But I will be using them this weekend at NEMX indoor MX race in Ohio. I have heard from guys down south and out west that are lucky enough to be racing now. They say the springs seem to hold up better than others though out the moto.

Nichols Atvs
02-10-2008, 01:23 PM
THis clutch tool is the cat #$$ it works like you would not belive and I also have had snow and no where to ride but have heard good things about the springs can wait to try them out .