PDA

View Full Version : blaster PROS i need your help

woodsracer144
07-27-2007, 01:39 PM
ok.. so my cluch doesnt work... it wont ingage... i dont know whats up with it... its not the cable its something in side... i pulled off the pressure plate and the little ball inside there was like stuck on the push rod... and i couldnt get it off with out breaking it.. so i get new rods and a ball.. i only put the rod on the plate in and it was really loose and sloppy... so i put them on and it still didnt work.. and its like there still's enough room for another plate to go in there... how many plates are in a blaster?
and i think im gonna have to split the cases... and go inside and im gonna replace the whole cluch then... its the cluch.. its something with the cluch..
how hard is it to split the cases and put them together? my buddys dads doin a 450r right now but thats a ways off from a blaster motor... any help would be greatly helped... i might end up parting the whole quad out depending on how much it cost....

honda450rider33
07-27-2007, 05:39 PM
unless you took one out it would not just disappear. i have never split the cases i know people who have and they say it is easy if you are not sure you can do it see if your buddies dad will do it if he can split the cases on a 450r he can do it on a blaster if you want to do it yourself see if some one will help you(some one with some motor knowledge the more eyes the better expecially with that) and get a clymer service manual i had one and lost it it tells you everything from changing oil to spliting the cases it gives detailed instructions it is like 30 bucks and it is worth it

blasterfreak99
07-27-2007, 05:51 PM
you dont have to split the cases when doing a clutch job. just take off the clutch cover and follow the instructions in the manual.

woodsracer144
07-27-2007, 10:23 PM
dude i have to get the whole thing out... i need to get to the little arm/shaft thing that the cable hooks on to and i think thats my problem... i dont like to go slow and read but i have that book your talkin about...
thanks

woodsracer144
07-28-2007, 05:42 PM
what page #is that on? so you dont have to split the cases...

honda450rider33
07-29-2007, 12:24 PM
like he said if it is just the clutch or the shaft you dont have to spilt the cases i got confused sorry read the index

woodsracer144
07-29-2007, 09:52 PM
how many clutch plates are there?

woodsracer144
08-20-2007, 04:46 PM
ok i got a whole new clutch basket. and all that with newer plates... i put it in and it still doesnt work... i got the little arm thing that the cable hooks on out and there was a nice knotch in it... i think i need that...

woodsracer144
08-27-2007, 05:43 PM
ok i got new cluth plates, whole basket, hub, ect. (not in yet) all the push rods and the little ball... i took the little arm out that the cablr hooks on and there was a chip on it... i welded it and cleaned it all up... you couldnt tell that i did it... and then i put it all back to gether with out the case cover....and the pressure plate comes out a little bit but it starts on one half and then after i have a 8th of the clutch lever left the whole thing then starts to move... and i still cant move the rear tires in gear.... i dont know what it is...

if anyone has any idea of what the hell is wrong please help me! there is like a 5% chance that it is the clutch cable but it goes in and out with ease....
thanks!

440ex2001
08-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Its in the adjustment. How much are your clutch plates moving out when you pull the clutch lever?If they are moving outward about a 1/4 inch or so and you still cant get the rear tires to move you need to look into brakes and trans. Will it move if its in neutral?

woodsracer144
08-28-2007, 02:16 PM
i think its half clutch lever and half clutch cable... my clutch lever is a RTC but its got a few years of racing on it and then its had my hands on it( I feater the clutch alot becaseu of where i ride...) so the adjuster if on the not good side... so i'm puttin the stock on back on along with stock bars...

before i put it back on i would pull the clutch lever in and it would only move the clutch about a 1/4 on a in if that and it would start on one half and go to the other... and i had all the bolts equal... i did 5 turns on each one so it would be equal pressure on it... so im holping after i buy another 35 dallor clutch cable and fer the other clutch hever and perch on it that it should be good... if i cant get it to work im goona just sell it as is or trade it for a 4x4 truck...

woodsracer144
09-14-2007, 08:14 PM
ok.. new problem... i have the clutch working but i put it all back together and i put the carb on and i had the tank on and i didnt feel like takin it off(i should of joost took it off) but any way... the smaller wire that is ground on the coil got snipped... well ripped and it split from when i pulled the carb and then i spliced it and i have then touchin and i dont have a spark.. i got a new plug, nothing... i dont know what it is... i pulled the plug cap thing off and it look fine... and then i pit it together and its tight and every thing... and then un pluged the TORS system... all of it and nothing... unpluged all the wires and pluged them back in and i still had nothing... i dont know what to do...it ran great before i took the cover off to replace the clutch and now i cant get it to run...any ideas...