PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock Quicksilver Onwers Did You Know?

REDRIDDER
07-27-2007, 11:51 AM
That for $50 Edelbrock will bore you 34x38mm quicksilver carb out to a true 38x38mm just like the Doug Enginier carb.Edelbrock uses the guts from the 440 carb and replaces your internals with the parts from the 440 carb.Well i was going to send mine out soon and have that service done to accommodate for my new bore size of 88mm= 426 with a 21e needel ,i was just wondering if any of you guys have done this or know someone that has? I love this carb its easy to adjust and was a huge improvement for me although ive had my problems with it i would just call Edelbrocks tech line and they are great know whats the problem quickly and get you back up and motorin fast.this carb works good from down low and helped my top end greatly,love it.Oh i forgot to mention that they go through the whole carb clean it replace fuel lines and send it back looking new,so they claim i will let you guys know in about 2-3 weeks.

400exrider707
07-27-2007, 12:13 PM
I thought they polished it too. Cant beat that work for that price.

REDRIDDER
07-27-2007, 12:18 PM
You know what when i talked to Chris at Edelbrock he didn't say anything about that but i would assume that if they bore it out it would be a little rough so they probably would do something to smooth it out i don't know well see when they do mine.also the turn around time is about 3 days after they received your carb not bad at all.

400exrider707
07-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by REDRIDDER
You know what when i talked to Chris at Edelbrock he didn't say anything about that but i would assume that if they bore it out it would be a little rough so they probably would do something to smooth it out i don't know well see when they do mine.also the turn around time is about 3 days after they received your carb not bad at all.

actually I was under the impression the polished the outside of it... for looks.... but maybe I misunderstood it originally. However usually anything on the intake side is left rough, including ports, the help with fuel atomization.

REDRIDDER
07-28-2007, 05:37 PM
Im dumb.....lol

rob-u/21
07-31-2007, 06:30 PM
I got mine done at Duncan Racing a while back for that price. I dont know if they did it themselves or if they sent it to edelbrock but it only took them a couple of days.

OutlawBill
07-31-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by rob-u/21
I got mine done at Duncan Racing a while back for that price. I dont know if they did it themselves or if they sent it to edelbrock but it only took them a couple of days. one day shipping from S.D.