PDA

View Full Version : Banjo Bolt Pressure Switch

Ace Sixx
07-27-2007, 04:46 AM
I recently upgraded to ASV levers and subsequently lost use of the brake light when using the front brakes. I have run across a pressure switch/banjo bolt combination which would allow me to regain function of the brake light. I'm curious if anyone is running a setup like this and if so, how is it working out?

Thanks,

A6

JOEX
07-27-2007, 06:29 PM
I have them installed on my '01 400ex, did it a couple years ago.

One thing I don't like about the switch on the front brake lever is the wires point straight out and bend 90* to route them down. Haven't had a problem with that yet but would rather have a switch where the wires come out the side of the bolt.

One problem I do have is one of the switches is causing the brake light to activate while sitting in the garage and drain the battery. Haven't figured which one yet but it may be because I don't get to ride very often. I have the wires disconnected until I can figure out what the problem is.

Ace Sixx
07-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I have them installed on my '01 400ex, did it a couple years ago.

One thing I don't like about the switch on the front brake lever is the wires point straight out and bend 90* to route them down. Haven't had a problem with that yet but would rather have a switch where the wires come out the side of the bolt.

One problem I do have is one of the switches is causing the brake light to activate while sitting in the garage and drain the battery. Haven't figured which one yet but it may be because I don't get to ride very often. I have the wires disconnected until I can figure out what the problem is.

Yeah, I'm not too keen on the wires pointing straight out either. Having them come out the side would seem like a much better design, but perhaps they were designed for a radial pump master cylinder.

Regarding the drain on you battery, are the brake lights functional when the key is off? I've never checked that. Shouldn't be a problem for me however as I keep mine on a Battery Tender.

Thanks for the reply...

A6

JOEX
07-28-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Ace Sixx
Yeah, I'm not too keen on the wires pointing straight out either. Having them come out the side would seem like a much better design, but perhaps they were designed for a radial pump master cylinder.

Regarding the drain on you battery, are the brake lights functional when the key is off? I've never checked that. Shouldn't be a problem for me however as I keep mine on a Battery Tender.

Thanks for the reply...

A6
Yea, the brake light is functional with the key off. I suppose there's a way to wire it so it's not.

Ace Sixx
07-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Yea, the brake light is functional with the key off. I suppose there's a way to wire it so it's not.

Interesting. I checked and my brake lights aren't functional when the key is off.