PDA

View Full Version : Wrecked- Killed It Man

"BLAHH"300!!
10-29-2001, 08:04 AM
I WAS riding home ysterday- andwent into a trail i haven't went in before down a little hill and came to a place i couldn't cross-i think a 4wd made the trail-deep ruts steep hill- so i turned around and went back to the road- sitting on the slop of the little hill- i slipped on the clutch and it came up with me- i couldn't hold it so i bailed- and slipped down- looked and my bike was about to fall more than all the way over on it's top so i jumped up and football tackled it--trying to keep it off the handel bars--hut 1 hut 2- rahh- bear hugged that------ couldn't help it though- it came right on back and i watched the bars kick over to the right and the headlight plastic crack all up- sux man- i hate that-- i had just cleaned the pooh out of it right before i left the house-
i rolled it back on it's wheels and the handel bars were bent closer to me and bent down to the right side- the plastic where the screws go in to hold it on- cracked all that- it was flappin in the wind on the way home- and the headlight plastic- from where the green netral light to the far right corner is all cracked up- i can see my wires in there - and the rear fender's on my right side are cracked- from being folded backwards- all the way to where it goes down the side of the bike ahhhhh hate it man- to make all this even worse- when i was flipping it back on it's wheels out of the ditch
--i twisted my ankel- what next -now i'm here with destroyed plastic on the most loved posetion and a black and blue right ankle- sux

10-29-2001, 08:10 AM
That does stink without a doubt,,been there a few times,,,,but I see your still alive and able to type so things could be a-lot worse,,get well dude..:)

"BLAHH"300!!
10-29-2001, 08:18 AM
YOU COULD PROBABLY MOVE THIS INTO THE- TRAILTAIL FORUM MAN

I WASSN'T THINING WHEN I PUT IT HERE

knighttime
10-29-2001, 08:28 AM
At least now you have a good excuse to move your headlight to look like a Banshee, and a good reason to get some kewl new plastic.

"BLAHH"300!!
10-29-2001, 08:34 AM
i was thinking about that last night before i went to sleep-
getting some of those- fog lights from wal-mart- and putting on it
got to move my key switch and my nuetral // reverse lights-

- how- where should i mount the fog lights - i don't have any fender's on front- their shaved smooth with the side panels-
under// behind the frotn bumper and sticks and stuff will interfier
with em'- humm?- need new bars too

knighttime
10-29-2001, 08:59 AM
I would guess that u maybe could mount the new lights to the frame. Making a bracket would help out. You'll have to get in a creative state of mind to do it right. I'd buy the lights with the wire mesh brush covers.

Good luck dude

"BLAHH"300!!
10-29-2001, 10:31 AM
i went back out there to try and put back together what was messed up in my earlier post-
took off my rear fender looked around and my- DG PIPE IS ABOUT TO FALL OFF- man what next-
i guess when it flipped- the pipe scrapped the ground and bent it untill the brackett holding it on the grab bar broke-
( i was running the little tires)- so it didn't have much clearance with them on- i believe this can be fixed with a little weld bead-
but i had to go and back track the whole pipe- and tighten every bolt holding it on- i guess it just jarred the pooh out of it- sux

"BLAHH"300!!
10-29-2001, 01:04 PM
got everything fixed - today- wassn't so bad after all-
i took off my bar plastic - drilled a hole on the front left side
of my hood and put my switch up there- tak-welded my
pipe brackett back on and- moved my bars back up-
now i just have the broken rear plastic and the handel bars are bent a little to the right- i'll find someone stronger than me to bend them the rest of the way0back into shape-

now just for the new foglights and removing my old stock head light-and - renthal here i come

everyone that has already done this to the 300ex- where did you relocate your- neutral / reverse lights-

10-29-2001, 05:57 PM
when i took the headlight off my old 300 after i bent the bracket, i didnt even worry about the lights. trust me, after a week u wont even notice theyre gone. but if u have to have them, i have no clue where u could put em?! later

:devil

aol: senateskater07

"BLAHH"300!!
10-29-2001, 06:19 PM
i go camping alot and use my bike as a toy at night as well as during the day- so i need my lights

trueblue450
10-29-2001, 09:02 PM
Well I have my ignition drilled into the right front plastic, and I have seen people with there neutral and reverse lights drilled next to it. I have no clue on the size but it didnt look bad, but serious, you will not need them at all. How hard is it to figure out if you are in reverse, and if you are in neutral.???

"BLAHH"300!!
10-30-2001, 08:40 AM
but i'd still like to have them mounted up somewhere
i'll find a nice secluted spot for them to sit when the time comes