PDA

View Full Version : Body work suggestions...

Titanium
07-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Today i had a little bit of a mishap. i was out on the highway doin donuts in my 1980 Buick LeSabre and there was a jack in there to change tires with that came in there factory that came loose and slammed up against the inside of my rear quarter panels. Now it looks like i have dings in the side of my car except they're goin outward instead of inward. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to pop these back in? I'll post pics tomorrow.

Mxjunkie
07-27-2007, 04:41 AM
Hammer and a dolly, hammer and a piece of wood.. Find a hammer with the flatest head possible. Hit it lightly yet forceful enough to bend the metal, then move the dolly or wood on the other side as you work the dent in, if you hit it to hard you'll break the paint. Wrap the dolly/wood in a t-shirt or even a towel will work great because belive it or not the grain in the wood can put scars in your paint also. Another way is to take a 2 X 4 and wrap it in a towel, lay it onto your panel ontop of the dents and hit it. I do these step's everyday since I work in a body shop, they are some quick easy things to do when people dont want to spend much money. :)

Titanium
07-27-2007, 10:11 AM
thanks for the help man. the paint already chipped off unfortunately but i was plannin on repaintin the car anyways.