PDA

View Full Version : Stators

Bulletracn
07-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Is there a heavy duty stator ( generator) out there that can handle the high rpm's? I need one but don't want to put a stock one back in.

Logan #34's Dad
07-26-2007, 11:55 PM
Hey Dude,
I have a completely different ignition. PVL is the way to go. There is also one sold by www.teamsimsracing.com that works well but you need the battery. I noticed the #4 quad missing badly the other day at Malvern. Was that you?

bulldogfallon
07-27-2007, 05:56 AM
We also have the PVL ignition....In stock ready to ship....and we also have the DC CDI that helps a lot over stock and is much cheaper and easier to install than the PVL

The DC CDI allows you to advance the timing with the turn of a dial and then it automatically returns to standard timing as your RPMs increase...

PVLs usually MSRP at $550+ and the DC CDI has an MSRP of around $140

Marc from Hot Quads, Billy from WRH, Chad at EC Mini Quads are also good resources for things like this and they post on this forum daily so if you have any questions I am sure they can help you with them.

markvette
07-27-2007, 07:55 AM
a pvl is the way to go but if its too pricey for you go with a apex stator. they have slotted mounting holes so you can adjust the timing. what i do is use my portable band saw and cut off all the charging coils and only leave the one for the ignition. a little less drag on the flywheel with these coils cut off.

Mark

kenjolly
07-27-2007, 09:34 AM
See, had you bought one of my money tree's you wouldn't be worring about the cost.

just get pvl, it will cost you less in the long run. your going to end up with one anyways ,so just get.

Gary has got some go deals and best of all has them instock.

you cant take it with you.

Bulletracn
07-27-2007, 04:39 PM
yeah that was my 6yr olds quad. We almost missed both motos becuase it wouldnt start, but with a prayer and alittle pleading it fired up both times. Is it normal for the quad that has a bad stator,to not start after it sits and cools down, but start easily after it warms up?

dirttrack86
07-27-2007, 08:17 PM
Right the opposite if it's a stator problem. :)

Bulletracn
07-27-2007, 09:07 PM
1st were do I purchase this money tree?
2nd will the Apex hold up for the long run? I won't need to run a battery with the Apex stator correct?( after the modification)
Will the pvl be the last ignition that we will have to buy?
LIMITED is the word for this racing season!

Logan #34's Dad
07-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Someone told me that Mongo's engines go through stators. I don't understand way though. Are you aloud to put the PVL on? I think Maximum RPM sells the pvl for less than I have seen. The are up near Cleveland. GO BROWNS!!! Try PVL on ebay. They usually have something up.
In case you have not figured it out yet, My son is the boy on the green miniquad racing in the 70cc group. Your problably racing now. See ya around.
Rocky

Bulletracn
07-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Yeah I heard that also, but I don't know why they go through stators either. I asked my sons who both race the 70cc class and they knew what quad your boy rode. So we figured it out together. My 7yr old rides the blue Typhoon #800. It shouldn't be to hard to miss since it's the only 4 stroke shifter out there at Malv. in that class. What brand of quad is it that your son rides. It looks like a Drx but under the race results it says unk? It's good to know some one from the area is willing to help with info as well as everyone else in this forum

bulldogfallon
07-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Maximum RPM doesn't sell retail to the public...

We buy them straight from Penton as of last week....

hotquads1
07-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
Someone told me that Mongo's engines go through stators. I don't understand way though. Are you aloud to put the PVL on? I think Maximum RPM sells the pvl for less than I have seen. The are up near Cleveland. GO BROWNS!!! Try PVL on ebay. They usually have something up.
In case you have not figured it out yet, My son is the boy on the green miniquad racing in the 70cc group. Your problably racing now. See ya around.
Rocky

Logan#34'sDad dont lead these good folks astray, LOL
maximum rpm has a decent price on the PVL but I think you will find our price to be much better.
marc

wrhracing
07-28-2007, 03:38 PM
A pvl doesn't benifit a stock cvt engine very much. It isn't the very first thing to do.
Adjusting the timing thru the stator plate works real well if your budget is a concern.
I have stators available at 2 for under a hundred clams.. Some are pull offs in new condition. Most are brand new.

riding4fun
07-29-2007, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
We also have the PVL ignition....In stock ready to ship....and we also have the DC CDI that helps a lot over stock and is much cheaper and easier to install than the PVL

The DC CDI allows you to advance the timing with the turn of a dial and then it automatically returns to standard timing as your RPMs increase...

PVLs usually MSRP at $550+ and the DC CDI has an MSRP of around $140

Marc from Hot Quads, Billy from WRH, Chad at EC Mini Quads are also good resources for things like this and they post on this forum daily so if you have any questions I am sure they can help you with them.

Gary, what kind of gain would I get from using a DC CDI box over the unlimited rev box from DRR on the 50. Will it help the low end as it says.
Could I still use it after I do the 70cc conversion?
Anybody use this that can vouch for it.

wrhracing
07-29-2007, 08:31 AM
If you gut the flywheel of all the magnets, get rid of all the coils except one, run it off of a battery. Then you can feel a difference.
Brad at Simms Racing knows best about this product.

Bulletracn
07-29-2007, 09:30 PM
I was wondering if I would have to go back to running the battery if I went the route you mentioned. As for Mongos motors going through stators, I have heard that as well. this is are first one thats went bad and I can honestly say that the reason ours went out didn't have anything to do with his motor. Some how a bolt got into my water pump cover and dinged up the outside of our fly wheel and then found its way into the stator. It did a nice job destroying it. I would really like to get more info on which way to go here. Wrhracing is sounding pretty good right now. Do you have 2 for a polaris pred? Thanks to evryone for the continued help!

wrhracing
07-30-2007, 09:22 AM
If ya need a hundred I've got them.

Bulletracn
07-30-2007, 10:00 AM
what is a high voltage A.C.G.? Is it a generator? do I need to run the battery with this? will it be an upgrade? Should I buy an adj. timing stator plate?

TeamSimsRacing
07-30-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by wrhracing
If you gut the flywheel of all the magnets, get rid of all the coils except one, run it off of a battery. Then you can feel a difference.
Brad at Simms Racing knows best about this product.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Billy! This option is good for a limited budget, it will work better than stock but don't get tied around the axle about the timing advance curves in this box. It's better than a stock set up but if I were a spark chaser I'd go in and reset the curves and timing shift points.

Billy, are you going to Loretta's? I've got a couple of parts I think you'd like to see :)

wrhracing
07-30-2007, 09:02 PM
I may just fly up to check ya'll out on Sunday! Riley has a points race on Saturday.