PDA

View Full Version : crank case full of oil

boyak686
07-26-2007, 10:32 PM
i went to check my oil this evening and my resivour was completly empty as the stick said,, confused i drained out the little that was in there, i went and drain my crankcase and if had almost a liter and a half in there..
my dad said either the pump could be gone or maybe it was from tipping the bike on the back to put it in my truck..
has this happened to anybody or anybody know what could have done this,, i filled the oil back up in both (1.5 liters in resivour, and .4 in crank case) and then went for a little ride around to see if it would leak out again but its still full, so im kinda confused

the bike wasn't riden for a few weeks before tonight but oil shouldn't have moved.
thanks guys

woodsrider4ever
07-28-2007, 04:13 PM
so after you ran it with the new oil it did the same thing?

boyak686
07-28-2007, 07:11 PM
no after i ran it nothing happened and ive checked it again since and nothing has happened so im kinda confused by it but its not still doin it anymore so i can't really do much:blah:

daddio
07-29-2007, 07:24 AM
Over time and by lifting the front of the quad up for an extended period of time, will drain the oil into the engine. That's why the manual says to check your oil after the engine has been run and it is warm.

superevil
07-31-2007, 11:42 PM
Yeah did you check it the first time without warming it up first?