PDA

View Full Version : clutch cable

rwc0920
07-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Hey,

Does anyone clutch cable get burned on the headers? I just bought a brand new clutch cable and the rubber on it got toasted. Just wondering if this happens to anyone else and how you prevent it. I was thinking of buying some header wrap for it.

Thanks

my88r
07-26-2007, 08:37 PM
i run a 300ex clutch cable which is longer. but if you bend the black holder by the headers so its not resting on them. do a search this topic has been brought up thousands of times.

JOEX
07-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by rwc0920
Hey,

Does anyone clutch cable get burned on the headers? I just bought a brand new clutch cable and the rubber on it got toasted. Just wondering if this happens to anyone else and how you prevent it. I was thinking of buying some header wrap for it.

Thanks
Try bending the wire loop the cable goes through near the headers.

xc_racer1
07-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Try bending the wire loop the cable goes through near the headers.

thats what i did and i havent burnt mine yet.

Ace Sixx
07-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by xc_racer1
thats what i did and i havent burnt mine yet.

Me, either.

choco
07-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Are these things pretty cake to install? unlike rear brake pads... :scary:

ooo btw does anyone elses CLutch/Front brake make a little click noise everytime you pull it back a bit?

Ace Sixx
07-27-2007, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by choco

ooo btw does anyone elses CLutch/Front brake make a little click noise everytime you pull it back a bit?

Those are switches that you are hearing click--the brake light switch and the switch that allows you to start in gear with the clutch pulled in.