PDA

View Full Version : need some help

YFZ450Ridr
07-26-2007, 08:08 PM
alright well about a few weeks ago i went riding, and i had a rope under my seat next to the battery and the thing got hot and caught on fire. the battery and relay switch that sits on the battery got a little toasted and my bike wouldnt start so i replace them both and it still will not start.

it will pop start just fine and even if i connect the 2 leads together on the starter relay/celanoid it will fire up with its own battery power no problem. the nuetral light even comes on when the key is on.

has anyone else had a similar problem? the fuses are not blown and with a visual inspection, the wires seem fine. im going to dig deeper and take off my plastic to see if i can find any issues. any help is appreciated!

also, i noticed when i turn the key on there isnt that faint ''click'' coming from the starter relay? im thinking this might be the source of my problems, but the relay is brand new!

Ride1Rob
07-28-2007, 07:14 AM
You definitely fried something. I went through this problem with my and they did all kinds of testing. Kept my bike for 2 months and come to find out the harness had gone bad. I was still under warranty so....