PDA

View Full Version : Question for Pappy, about your services....

twinzilla
07-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Hey Pappy, I just signed up here on exriders because I heard over on LT250LT500HQ's that you are the man to talk to about powdercoating and frame restorations.
I have an 87 LT500R that is in pretty good shape but it needs a little work to be show quality (and that's the plan ;) ). So my questions are, can you:

-remove dings from the bottom frame tubes (maybe by pulling them out or welding new steel in there)?

-weld up and smooth out a couple cracks (just typical stuff for a 20 year old quad)?

-fill in and smooth out some minor nicks/grind marks from typical use and the chain rubbing on one of the frame tubes?

-grind out a crappy weld on a exhaust mounting boss and re-weld it with a factory looking weld?

-weld up and smooth out some holes that were drilled in the front tube to mount a junk home-made bumper?

-fix some boogered up threads in a radiator mounting boss and a subframe mounting boss (might require some welding, drilling, and a heli-coil)?

-and last but not least, do a show quality Suzuki blue powder-coat job after all of the above work??

I think that is pretty much it, lol....I am doing a full ground up nut and bolt restoration on this Quadracer and I want to start it out right (and you come highly recommended). Thank you for your time, Brian
:D

Pappy
07-26-2007, 07:52 PM
based on the description I can do the work, but i would have to see it first hand before i commited to making anything unseen show quality

the problem with the LTR500 frame is its length, shipping can get right pricey!

twinzilla
07-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Cool....when do you want it?
Or would you prefer pictures of the problem areas before I send it? I'm not too far away from you, so I'm not too worried about shipping....I'll get it to you one way or another:D

Thanks for the reply!

Pappy
07-26-2007, 08:54 PM
i can take it pretty much abytime, however right now im swamped with running for race coverage etc. early september would be perfect timing for me, but whenever works as well:p

twinzilla
07-27-2007, 05:36 AM
Awesome! Early September will be perfect for me as well. I will post when I send it your way. Thanks again Pappy!
Brian

twinzilla
08-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Hey Pappy, I will be looking to have my new +8 swingarm and +2 wide +1 forward lower A-arms done in a stock-looking silver color also.
Do you happen to have a straight up silver color (not chrome, silvervein, or grey hammertone)? Thanks again.

Pappy
08-03-2007, 04:46 PM
yeppers

twinzilla
08-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Nice....thanks again.
Just out of curiosity do you do powder work for Burgard? I am considering one of thier swingarms.

Pappy
08-03-2007, 08:15 PM
I used to do alot for burgard because he allowed me to use his power room and oven (prior to me getting a new place and my own equipment) i live a few hours from him now so i dont get to go there anymore especially at $3 a gallon:p i just got a set of arms in from them to recoat for a customer so im pretty sure he will direct ship to me a bare unit

insaneracin2003
08-06-2007, 12:47 PM
I would love to see detailed pics from you guys as this thing gets going. I think we would all love to see that:macho