PDA

View Full Version : hubs

allstock
07-26-2007, 06:49 PM
ok i have stock hubs and stock axle nuts ona a lsr axle and they just keep coming loose... nothing happens to the cotter pin.. the only thing i can think of is that the nut or the hub is grinding down but neither show any signs of wear:confused: :confused: :confused:

TRX450RACER174
07-26-2007, 07:06 PM
I didn't know the stock nuts would fit, how tight are you going on the nuts? hand tight or with a impact? I have stock hubs on my lsr but i am using there nuts and putting them on with a impact.

allstock
07-26-2007, 07:17 PM
turning it as tight by hand then getting an old fence pole as a breaker bar and turn it until the holes for the cotter pin line up

TRX450RACER174
07-26-2007, 07:26 PM
That should do it but maybe not enough! I don't know i wrench mine on tight with a 3/8 impact as tight as i can get it. I have had no probs and had it almost a year with numerous races on it, find someone with a impact and hit it on there tight that should take care of you probs, also i might also look into getting the LSR axle nuts thay might be stronger and i think they have more prongs for the cotter to go through. Good luck Erik.

07-27-2007, 07:31 AM
I have the same set up and have the same problem. My right side comes loose not the left.

chris46250r
07-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer
I have the same set up and have the same problem. My right side comes loose not the left.

Worn hubs is the problem. When you take off the axle is spinning all of the slack out of the splines which would loosen the right side and tighten the left side.