PDA

View Full Version : 2 Stroke Band??

azextreme
07-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Anybody know what Cobra is gonna do at the end of the year with the 2 stroke band???

howmuchnow
07-26-2007, 07:15 PM
what?

sanddude
07-26-2007, 07:18 PM
WHAT :eek2: :grr: :huh

howmuchnow
07-26-2007, 07:19 PM
what? If there is a 2 stroke ban then it will affect more than just cobra. like all the cvt's excpt the kimco.

azextreme
07-26-2007, 07:56 PM
yes from what I understand a weedeater 2 stroke cant even be made. Yamahas new line up for 08 no longer includes banshee or the blaster!

Nichols Atvs
07-26-2007, 08:10 PM
I think for some reason and im sure some one knows different
please speak up .but if you use it to race that there are differnt rules on this . and import certain things was one of the rules any way i believe we still are ok for a few more years . kasea and dinli
stop shipping to the usa because the epa said they had to go 4 stroke and they decided not to .

Livin4Real
07-26-2007, 11:42 PM
Dunno where you got your info but 2 strokes will be around for a long time to come. I'll have to dig up a recent article about the new 2 stroke motor designs that actually burn as clean if not cleaner than four strokes, already used in snowmobiles. The entire youth racing scene both bikes and quads is 90% two-strokes. Now as far as the DNR banning them from public lands, that's a possibility but racetracks is a whole other entity. The banshee and blaster will reappear in 09 under new names and with four bangers. The big manufacturers are just trying to be PC and keep the tree huggers happy which don't get me wrong I care about the environment as well but two strokes contribution to global warming and pollution is a drop in the bucket compared to our daily driving vehicles, semi's, factories, etc pollution output.
Phil and his partner (sorry the name has escaped me for a moment) at Cobra haven't sunk the time, R&D, capital into the business before looking ahead for problems such as this. Enjoy your two-strokes :macho

Livin4Real
07-26-2007, 11:50 PM
Here's everything you could possibly want to know regarding atv's and the epa, be warned there's alot to weed through :eek2:

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/recveh.htm

Nichols Atvs
07-27-2007, 06:52 AM
Thanks for filling in the gaps livin4real i knew someone would have the whole scoop. Good article by the way

azextreme
07-30-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Livin4Real
Here's everything you could possibly want to know regarding atv's and the epa, be warned there's alot to weed through :eek2:

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/recveh.htm

My eyes hurt to much reading! I contacted Cobra and they said the band does not effect comp only engines!!