View Full Version : Crankshaft installation/Crankshaft spacer

Rollscanardly
07-26-2007, 06:03 PM
im looking at my clymer manual, page 84 picture 113 is calling for a crankshaft spacer....i cannot find this item in my carefully bagged up parts or on hondaparts-direct microfiche. Im using a new hotrods crank, and im not sure if the crank that was in the motor was original...was just wondering if this was something that was ommitted when using an aftermarket crankshaft...thx for the help

RichM1983
07-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Could it be stuck on the crank and you dont know it? I had a hotrods crank in the box new and Im pretty sure there is no spacer built onto the crank.

C-LEIGH RACING
07-27-2007, 12:41 PM
That crank spacer on the clutch side would not be an item that would be left out because of using an aftermarket crank. It is used as a seal sleeve & spacer for those two gears that power the clutch basket & counter balancer/water pump.

When using an OEM Honda crank, the crank will be a press fit into the flywheel side main bearing & a slip fit in the bearing on the clutch side.
The aftermarket Hot Rods cranks are a press fit into both main bearings, so if thats how your is then more than likely you have a Hot Rods replacement crank.
Neil

xlr810
07-31-2007, 08:29 PM
I think you are talking about part #3 on the microfishe. COLLAR, DRIVE GEAR
13617-HA2-000

http://images.powersportsnetwork.com/fiche/images/Honda/1989/ATVs/2771_CLUTCH.gif