PDA

View Full Version : Motor WorK

chevy400racer
07-26-2007, 11:33 AM
I was wondering if i could buy motor parts for my stock 400ex (i Have Exhaust and jet kit) like Piston, Crank, Cam and Aftermarket valves and have my local mechanic Port and polish the head and do a bunch of **** to it with out boring it to make it run as fast as a 416 or faster... I really dont want to bore it but 416 is the most i'd go. ANy of yous got any better suggestions

zrpilot
07-26-2007, 07:08 PM
You could run a higher compression, stock bore piston, a cam, exhaust, and carb. It could hang with some 416s depending upon the rider and the mods done to his quad. My 416 would give ya a good run....!!! LOL

REDRIDDER
07-27-2007, 09:54 AM
Basical you can do anything to the engine you want exepect bore,cam,carb,piston(high copression),air filter ect.... the only thing that your limited to is boring. If you are going to leave the bore stock then id go to www.sparksracing.com and take a look at the dgree key for the ex.i had one in my ex before it was turned into a 426 instalation was simple and the preformance gain was great i noticed that the throttle responce was snapier and worked well on low end and the best part is its only$20 id say it was the best bang for the buck.http://www.atvriders.com/articles/timingkey400ex.html

400ex28
07-27-2007, 11:01 AM
i would go 416, talk to c&d racing on the site.