PDA

View Full Version : Hmf

Ruby Soho
07-26-2007, 09:36 AM
Okay, so finally I got the money for the HMF, I'll be ordering the full system next weekend most likely. So now my question is jets. when i bought the quad it had a dyno jet kit installed in it. still does today. i know that i cant use kehin jets with the dyno kit so what size and where do i get dyno jets? what do i need to change here. my current mods are the hotcams stage 3 cam, wiseco 11:1 89mm hi comp. piston.

Ruby Soho
07-26-2007, 03:31 PM
bump

choco
07-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Dealers around here in Alberta, Canada aren't supplied by HMF, so I can't purchase one of there pipes locally, it's a reall piss-off. So it's either ebay, or credit card....

Ruby Soho
07-26-2007, 03:45 PM
im probably ordering from the site sponsor C&D racing.. they have it cheapest.

xc_racer1
07-26-2007, 08:17 PM
i called hmf. they told me the exact jet i needed. theyll ask u if u have motor work or not

choco
07-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
im probably ordering from the site sponsor C&D racing.. they have it cheapest.

Looks like they dont have much choices but i guess if they have whatcha ya want.

You gettin the s/o im guessin.

Ruby Soho
07-27-2007, 02:03 PM
nope, the full system.

choco
07-27-2007, 02:06 PM
The $409 one?

Ruby Soho
07-27-2007, 03:32 PM
yup.

another question.

do i have to order the copper gaskets? or does HMF provide them?

also about jetting again, i figuired out that i have a stage 3 dyno jet kit installed (i bought it this way and i never checked..:uhoh: ) so anyway, the jetting does seem alittle bit off (always has been) where as it bogs sometimes. so i found that the stage 3 kit is meant for tuned engines and an exhaust, seeing that i have a stock pipe would explain the bogging right? and adding the HMF will fix that no jetting changed right?

tar
07-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Not necasarrily (sp?) if it's jetted right then it shouldn't have a bog it's probably not jetted spot on. If it gets worse when you have the pipe on then it's lean.

Ruby Soho
07-27-2007, 05:42 PM
it doesnt always do it, im thinkign back now it could be the choke causing that, because a peice of it broke and sometimes it works its way on when im riding causing it to bog. so thats probly all that is, but if i add the pipe, jetting wont be necessary right? seeing that the kit is meant for a pipe

Def-e-nition
07-27-2007, 06:11 PM
What size Jet you running at the Moment. Any idea ?
If the full system doesnt give you reaction times from your motor as Fast as Carl Lewis Out of a starting Block , Then I Dont Know .

I Also Have the Full system , and I cant tell you How pleased I am . Except for the Incredibly Large Exhaust Opening , for me being the Only "negative ?? " , The rest of theworkmanship is enough for me to tell fifty people about the Hmf System .

Stage 3 Cam you say ? Wow , the bike should go Like STINK .
Elevation ?

No Copper gaskets I'm Afraid , I used the Existing ones , seems to Work FIne though .

Stage 3 Dynojet- I Know of stages one and 2 . What did they say 3 was ?

casey_lamm
07-27-2007, 06:35 PM
did my kit was stage 1 and 2 only.

Originally posted by Def-e-nition
If the full system doesnt give you reaction times from your motor as Fast as Carl Lewis Out of a starting Block , Then I Dont Know .

I Also Have the Full system , and I cant tell you How pleased I am . Except for the Incredibly Large Exhaust Opening , for me being the Only "negative ?? " , The rest of theworkmanship is enough for me to tell fifty people about the Hmf System .

Elevation ?

No Copper gaskets I'm Afraid , I used the Existing ones , seems to Work FIne though .

Ruby Soho
07-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Def-e-nition

Elevation ?

thanks for answering some of my questions. as for my current jet i havent opened up my carb to find out, because my plug is burning a normal color so i never needed to change them. does the jet say on the side of it or something so i can find out?

also yes, stage 3 cam. i can't wait to feel the power:devil:

i was told stage 3 kit.. its made for after market pipe, modified engines, after marker intake and all that good stuff, but im not sure how to check.. so any ideas? :p

casey_lamm
07-27-2007, 08:01 PM
couldn't tell what I can tell you is the jet sizes set in the instuctions are recommendations are can need tweaking. They tend to get you in the ballpark. So it might still need played with.

What you said with it bogging usually indicates a rich fuel mixture...

So by changing to a full exhaust you will be freeing airflow and leaning the mixture would be the result...

So yes...it could balance but the likely hood you won't need some form of rejetting is slim.

With a stage three im guessing you are up close to 160 ish on the main jet...I could be way wrong...

With all this info...keep in mind im new at this too so take it with a grain of salt and please correct me if you find im wrong.

thanks for answering some of my questions. as for my current jet i havent opened up my carb to find out, because my plug is burning a normal color so i never needed to change them. does the jet say on the side of it or something so i can find out?

also yes, stage 3 cam. i can't wait to feel the power:devil:

i was told stage 3 kit.. its made for after market pipe, modified engines, after marker intake and all that good stuff, but im not sure how to check.. so any ideas? :p

Ruby Soho
07-27-2007, 09:01 PM
i appreciate the help.

for my next question.. where to buy dyno jets? i know that they are different from kehin so the sizes are different.

casey_lamm
07-27-2007, 09:08 PM
you can get them from dynojets directly... or buy kits that include several jet sizes.

Many yamaha and honda stores in my area stock dynojets...but the kits dont always give you all the sizes you need. I found I had to buy the kit then buy a few sizes between 145 and 150.

www.dynojets.com

i appreciate the help.

for my next question.. where to buy dyno jets? i know that they are different from kehin so the sizes are different.

choco
07-28-2007, 12:44 AM
yup.

another question.

do i have to order the copper gaskets? or does HMF provide them?

also about jetting again, i figuired out that i have a stage 3 dyno jet kit installed (i bought it this way and i never checked..:uhoh: ) so anyway, the jetting does seem alittle bit off (always has been) where as it bogs sometimes. so i found that the stage 3 kit is meant for tuned engines and an exhaust, seeing that i have a stock pipe would explain the bogging right? and adding the HMF will fix that no jetting changed right?

Are you sure that one for $409.95 isn't for a raptor? Since it's placed underneath the raptor description? And has a picture of a yfz450 and raptor above it? Sorry for 20 questions just im interested in that pipe also.

Thanks for your time.

Def-e-nition
07-28-2007, 05:44 AM
Im Runing a 165 , so for 160 to be a "stage 3" -nope .Aint gonna happen .

There really arent' any stages bud , all the Jet kits do , is allow limitations on customers to not put too big a jet size in , thereby Literally FLooding the mixture set-up .
You should not pay too much attention , like me , to the numbers .
What you SHOULD be paying attention to , is the results from your dyno run on a good dyno machine . Meaning , if the Run says you need more fuel , well - you Need More Fuel . bogging does mean a little rich , but as the poster above said , the chances f you slipping on a full system , and not needing jetting changes , are possible - but Slim .

Stage 3 cam and anything more than a 170 main (remember to check for altitude ) Plus a pipe , and you are going to haul *** bud .

Ruby Soho
07-28-2007, 08:06 AM
thanks def.

so what do I do here? is it possible to check the jet size on the carb, and should i do that to see where Im at, then if i provide my elevation can someone give me a good estimate?

an choco, i asked colby in the c&d forum about the price its 410$ for the 400ex complete full

casey_lamm
07-28-2007, 09:28 AM
maybe i missed it but what kind of riding to you plan to do...the factory header are pretty good...so a HMF slip on are pretty darn good...but there are cases were the full system is the better choice.

thanks def.

so what do I do here? is it possible to check the jet size on the carb, and should i do that to see where Im at, then if i provide my elevation can someone give me a good estimate?

an choco, i asked colby in the c&d forum about the price its 410$ for the 400ex complete full

Ruby Soho
07-28-2007, 09:35 AM
MX for next season

also the stock header is good for a stock based engine, but the slipon wont do me anygood because im running the 440 bigbore and the stage 3 cam

casey_lamm
07-28-2007, 09:57 AM
ok i forgot the 440 part... you win!

MX for next season

also the stock header is good for a stock based engine, but the slipon wont do me anygood because im running the 440 bigbore and the stage 3 cam