PDA

View Full Version : CHOOSE: LTR or TRX ?

RaptorLover
07-26-2007, 09:13 AM
Please people help me choose , What and why do you choose it ? For Enduro and MX can't make up my mind .

DVXracer
07-26-2007, 09:15 AM
LTR all the way, theres many different resons, wider, 18" & 20" wheels, race ready, just get a cherry bomb pull out the baffle and airbox lid and you have a true monster.

DVXracer
07-26-2007, 09:17 AM
and efi ;)

RaptorLover
07-26-2007, 09:22 AM
Thanx , I'll just post this also in yhe Honda Forums and see what the HONDA riders have to say . BTW how does it do on the Enduro's ? Cause here in S.A it doesn't do very good .....

DVXracer
07-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by RaptorLover
Thanx , I'll just post this also in yhe Honda Forums and see what the HONDA riders have to say . BTW how does it do on the Enduro's ? Cause here in S.A it doesn't do very good .....

Well i have no idea what you mean by enduros but im assuming its like XC ? Well in that case get 20" rears and 21-22" fronts and drop a tooth on the front sproket and youll be fine, you cant go wrong with the LTR.

slomofo
07-26-2007, 11:44 AM
asking a question like that in a section that is dedicated to the LTR is like going to a Honda forum and asking whether a trx 450 is better than an ltr or not. you know what answers you will get.
here is why i chose the LTR over the TRX. i rode the TRX and it was narrower and felt less stable to me. i also raced the 450 against my wifes Z400 and i beat the 450 so that solidified my purchase of the LTR. it's wider, faster stock for stock, and is more MX minded out of the box

rob-u/21
07-28-2007, 10:21 AM
i also raced the 450 against my wifes Z400 and i beat the 450 so that solidified my purchase of the LTR.

I find it hard to believe that a Z400 will beat any of the newer 450s'.

Please people help me choose , What and why do you choose it ? For Enduro and MX can't make up my mind .

If you plan on leaving your quad stock I would choose an LTR. You cant compare the way a stock LTR handles against a stock 450r. Plus like posted DVXracer, all you need to do is buy a cherry bomb and remove the baffle and you dont need to buy an exhaust. If you will be buying a-arms, shocks, and all that other stuff than I would go with a honda. I think the honda is a better quad than the LTR once they are both equiped with a-arms and shocks and exhaust. Plus, Honda OEM parts are less expensive than Suzuki parts.

benLTR
07-28-2007, 07:48 PM
hey whats the baffel?

RaptorLover
07-29-2007, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by DVXracer
Well i have no idea what you mean by enduros but im assuming its like XC ? Well in that case get 20" rears and 21-22" fronts and drop a tooth on the front sproket and youll be fine, you cant go wrong with the LTR.

It's like threw the Bushes , (THINK IT'S LIKE CROSS COUNTRY)
200-400km far lots of straight and stuff...

Sorry didn't thought it was named something else overseas.....

RaptorLover
07-29-2007, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by benLTR
hey whats the baffel?

It's the thing in your Exhaust .....

rob-u/21
07-30-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by benLTR
hey whats the baffel?

Yeah, it's like a spark arrester in your exhuast which you can remove buy removing 3 allen bolts. This baffle restricts your quad performance a lot.

widesol
07-30-2007, 08:38 AM
It all come down to wich you feel better on and the LTR is better if you want to race on a budget since its almost ready

I had a 2005 TRX recently sold and got an LTR and i must say i feel better on the Stock LTR than my fully built long travel honda

But i do like both bikes

RaptorLover
07-31-2007, 12:21 PM
Thanx peeps , I think I'll go for the LT-R , and is the Chilli bomb (Cherry bomb) and EFI almost the same thing ? Can you fit both ? Which is the best to fit first ? Whats the Differance ? Sorry peeps , I'm not always this dumb , just a few small thing that confuses me .....

culichi
07-31-2007, 12:55 PM
don't worry it happened to me... the EFI: its like a carburetor but electronic EFI means Electronic Fuel Injection, in case you dont know what a carburetor is its the thing that gives the engine the mix of fuel and air.

The CRBM (CRMB stands for coaxial relay bipass module.. aka cherry bomb) plugs into your ltr computer and tells the EFI to give more gasoline and air to the engine so that it performs better.

PS: the Cherry Bomb is a yoshimura product

PPS: Get the ltr :devil:

RaptorLover
07-31-2007, 01:24 PM
Thanx , yeah I know what a carburetor thanx ..... So the cherry bomb is a good thing .....

culichi
07-31-2007, 01:29 PM
yup... because the ltr its kinda restricted in stock form but with the cherry bomb you give it that little push it needed

RaptorLover
08-01-2007, 12:42 PM
So it's better to stay away from opening the quad to put in high compression pistons and that kind of stuff, only if doing serious racing ?.?.

slomofo
08-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by rob-u/21

I find it hard to believe that a Z400 will beat any of the newer 450s'.

13t front and yoshi pipe on the Z versus a stock first year kick start trx-450 on the dirt, and yes, i won. the TRX is the weakest of all of the 450's stock.
29.8hp at the rear wheels at 7000rpm stock on the Z400 without pipe and even though lower gears, don't make hp, they make better use of it in a drag situation
37.8hp at the rear wheels for an 04 TRX 450 and his is bone stock, no pipe, no sprockets, no nothing
sometimes the rider plays a part too
;)

bigH
08-01-2007, 10:29 PM
ive ridden all the jap 450's and the LTR is by far the slowest 450.....if anything a stock z400 is not far behind it in a drag race....it handles the best but in stock form its slow....put a cherry bomb on it and it flies....the 450r is the second fastest 450 (behind the YFZ) but it is a little tippy.

slomofo
08-02-2007, 08:04 AM
is there even an LT-R out there that doesn't have a cherry bomb. that's the first thing you do. btw, i think the biggest thing you can do to the LT-R aside from the basic cherry bomb, etc is put a 13tooth on the front. the LT-R is a lot higher geared than the other bikes so it does seem slower.
i raced a 450r with the hrc kit in the sand and it was even and i was running 20" paddles which with the 13T front, is equal to stock gearing. put a 39T on the back and now we're talking

bigH
08-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by slomofo
is there even an LT-R out there that doesn't have a cherry bomb. that's the first thing you do. btw, i think the biggest thing you can do to the LT-R aside from the basic cherry bomb, etc is put a 13tooth on the front. the LT-R is a lot higher geared than the other bikes so it does seem slower.
i raced a 450r with the hrc kit in the sand and it was even and i was running 20" paddles which with the 13T front, is equal to stock gearing. put a 39T on the back and now we're talking

agreed.....i agree the LTR is a badass bike after you mod it....and the cherry bomb is pretty nice. everytime my friend comes down to ride with us i always ask to take a couple laps on the MX track....its a blast but to bad its not my bike so i dont get to ride it hard.

DEVINF450R
08-02-2007, 02:44 PM
It all come down to wich you feel better on and the LTR is better if you want to race on a budget since its almost ready

I 100% agree...

I feel the LT-R fits my short legs much better:D and the gearing feels right on with my 05 450R. I won't gear mine down at all

I blew up 2 honda motors in 3 weeks, one brand new.

DVXracer
08-02-2007, 08:10 PM

If you put a 13t front sproket on wouldnt that slow it down though ?

DEVINF450R
08-02-2007, 11:51 PM
the only people that need to gear down (13t) are like some of my more finacially fortunate than myself that have FULLY built Yoshi motors and the thing has about 55-60hp (claimed by Yoshi)

slomofo
08-03-2007, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by DVXracer
If you put a 13t front sproket on wouldnt that slow it down though ?
it takes away a little top end but your gears end up being shorter. just like adding 3 teeth in the back. i did it to mine and first thru third are way faster now.
unless you cut your front fenders, you are only going to go so fast anyway because they are like big air scoops that slow you down. when i run flat out on a paved road or the beach, i can't rev out in fifth, even with the 13T because of the wind resistance of the stock fenders, but those will be cut soon

rob-u/21
08-03-2007, 11:23 AM
unless you cut your front fenders, you are only going to go so fast anyway because they are like big air scoops that slow you down. when i run flat out on a paved road or the beach, i can't rev out in fifth, even with the 13T because of the wind resistance of the stock fenders, but those will be cut soon

It is silly everytime I read this. I can asure you that you will not feel a diference if you cut your fenders or not. Cutting your fender is only for looks, rider preference, and nothing more. At the speed you are going the wind in your fenders doesn't really matter. Do you think some of the quad guys would be running full fenders if wind resistance was an issue.

slomofo
08-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by rob-u/21

It is silly everytime I read this. I can asure you that you will not feel a diference if you cut your fenders or not. Cutting your fender is only for looks, rider preference, and nothing more. At the speed you are going the wind in your fenders doesn't really matter. Do you think some of the quad guys would be running full fenders if wind resistance was an issue.
try doing 65-70mph down the beach with the wind blowing with you and then against the wind and tell me it doesn't affect it. i can pull in fifth with the wind with me but against the wind i can't pull in fifth. i also weigh 280 so that also factors in

DEVINF450R
08-03-2007, 12:22 PM
I agree...I just like to be able to see my front wheels

07250ex
08-03-2007, 12:30 PM
13t front and yoshi pipe on the Z versus a stock first year kick start trx-450 on the dirt, and yes, i won. the TRX is the weakest of all of the 450's stock.
29.8hp at the rear wheels at 7000rpm stock on the Z400 without pipe and even though lower gears, don't make hp, they make better use of it in a drag situation
37.8hp at the rear wheels for an 04 TRX 450 and his is bone stock, no pipe, no sprockets, no nothing
sometimes the rider plays a part too
;)

04-05 450r's make 33 hp ...

07250ex
08-03-2007, 12:36 PM
try doing 65-70mph down the beach with the wind blowing with you and then against the wind and tell me it doesn't affect it. i can pull in fifth with the wind with me but against the wind i can't pull in fifth. i also weigh 280 so that also factors in

theres a few reason's one you can see your front tires helps in racing and when it gets real tight with the other riders, looks cool most of the time, i dunno how much plastics weigh but between that and the metal bracket mounts u might save 2-3 pounds, and yes there is some wind resistance because it catches on the fenders if they werent there the wind goes to the back fenders which are much more aerodynamic because rather then haulti ng the air current it just changes it ... kind of like the air going over the windsheild and roofoff a sports car, every little bit counts plus when the pros are hitting those jumps it helps them pin point where they land and where there tires are gunna be when they land.

slomofo
08-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by 07250ex
04-05 450r's make 33 hp ...
that further proves my point

rob-u/21
08-03-2007, 01:52 PM

You will feal the wind with plastics or without at the beach. You wont gain any speed if you have cut plastics. I understand what you are saying and it makes sense; less plastic equals less air resistance, but its minimal. I could understand in say nascar, or moto gp where aerodinamics is important cause of the speeds they're carrying but not for us quad guys, even for those in the pro classes. It just looks cool and most of the pro guys do it so we do to.

DEVINF450R
08-03-2007, 01:58 PM
it also changes how far your quad can "fly" if you doubt me then you don't know why bike riders "whip" over big jumps so they can hit the jump at a higher speed and not go as far.

rob-u/21
08-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Scrubing a jump has nothing to do with your plastics. Whiping the bike before a jump allows the bike to stay lower to the ground and land quicker. Now I'm not James Stewart so dont quote me on that.

DEVINF450R
08-03-2007, 09:15 PM
I was told by several mx'ers that it creates wind resistance which in turn allows them to scrub, as riders at Geln Helen if wind does not play a part in jumping

hondarider101
08-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by RaptorLover

well u should ask that in the open forums because in the suzi forums they are all going to say suzi because thats what they have.... and in the honda forums they are goin to say hondaa because thats what they ride..... in the open forums you will get everones opinion!!!!!