PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Riding Sand Lake Sunday 7/29?

salestalent
07-25-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm going to be at Sand Lake Dunes (Oregon) this Sunday 7/29 by myself (family is vacationing at Cannon Beach for the weekend and I get a day to myself). I'd like to join someone or a group who knows the area. I'm 37 from Kirkland, WA and I have a stock yfz450 with paddles. I'm an intermediate level rider and looking to enjoy the dunes. Please e-mail me directly at chris@salestalentinc.com.

35charlie
07-26-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm likely going to be there Saturday with a few others if you can swap days. You can probably find someone to hang with if you just show up Sunday but it's not too big of a place to wander around by yourself either.

JOEX
07-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by salestalent
I'm going to be at Sand Lake Dunes (Oregon) this Sunday 7/29 by myself (family is vacationing at Cannon Beach for the weekend and I get a day to myself). I'd like to join someone or a group who knows the area. I'm 37 from Kirkland, WA and I have a stock yfz450 with paddles. I'm an intermediate level rider and looking to enjoy the dunes. Please e-mail me directly at chris@salestalentinc.com.
I'll be at work:ermm:

Becareful at Sandlake it can be very crowded on the weekends, Sunday may not be so bad but you may still need to ride defensively. In my experience there the eastern part seems to be less used.

There's a trail in the trees just in from the ocean that's can be fun. It's supposed to be a 'one-way' trail running south to north. There are may be signs posted unless some POS took them down:ermm:

Also, Sandlake doesn't compare the rest of the Oregon Dunes;)

Have Fun!:)