PDA

View Full Version : Bent '07 Swingarm

Logan #34's Dad
07-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Has anyone else had their swingarm bend. Logan has started to ride harder BUT in no way should the swingarm bend up. IMO. The thing has folded near the shock mount. I say cheap metal.

bulldogfallon
08-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Yes this has happened.....Consult your local dealer for a warrnaty inquiry (to see if it qualifies)

Rear shock is a little soft..especially on a heavy and/or aggressive rider on a 90cc machine

Logan #34's Dad
08-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Hey Gary, Called dealer and he basically said don't bother putting on another factory swinger cause it will just bent too. He probably right. Logan only weighs 65lbs and I had a Works shock on it. I believe it is just poor metal. Guess I'm blowing another wad of cash. But I still believe the DRR is the ticket! They will fix this problem I'm sure.
Rocky

dblacks
08-06-2007, 10:41 AM
never on mine but I have seen them been even on the 50's

The LC that ran up here this past weekend bent his ever so slightly in practice Sat., same kid has bent a few in the past as well.

Andyman17dad
08-07-2007, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by dblacks
never on mine but I have seen them been even on the 50's

The LC that ran up here this past weekend bent his ever so slightly in practice Sat., same kid has bent a few in the past as well.

And this kid weighs about 40lbs soaking wet!!

We have broke 2 shock mounts (one on the 50 and one this year on the 90) but never bent or broke the swing arm itself. (jinx!)

If you can change shocks and stuff anyway, might as well put an aftermarket one on now as well.

T@AFP
08-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Hey Rocky,
I picked up a 07' yesterday from DRR and spoke w/Lou.
He said that there is a clear issue w/ the metal and they have been covering them through warranty.
We are starting on the A arms, stem, then the swing arm. But if we could get a stock replacement from DRR. We may be able gusset it for the time being?
Just a thought.

I'm trying to decide whether to make a stock replacement swinger ( of course HD and maybe lighter) or a complete round house carrier swinger that needs a carrier and maybe a new brake plate.
The Stock replacement would be cheaper.

Is there anything else that these bikes need that we should know?

Thanks,
Tom
www.atvfourplay.com

08-08-2007, 07:52 PM
A clear issue with the metal. From what I have seen the issue is the quality of the manufacture of the product ,seems they put little thought into the product they want your kids to ride. but pleanty into a new reason to by it for them

just helping ..

kenjolly
08-08-2007, 08:06 PM
720 i think you should look at few of the other post on here and you would see thats not true.

yes there is a problem with the swing arm and drr is working to fix the problem, as they have done with any other problems in the past.

The help from drr and its dealers is far more than any other company.

Logan #34's Dad
08-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Hey Tom, Well I have a swing-arm coming from Dave Carter. I bought the long travel version. (plus 2- equal to the stock '07) It requires a 13inch shock. Got both. Not cheap though.
My opinion on your swinger, make it a stock replacement that is lighter and of course stronger. These come with a decent length rear shock. What I believe would be cool - Stock '07 length with adjustable shock mount. My thought, have linkage like the big bikes and be able to buy different linkage for different length shock. What ya think?
I'm not sure about the front end. You'll have to do you math stuff on those. I think two different a-arm would be the ticket. One for the 13 1/4 inch stock shock AND one for the 14inch long travel shock. Reason, I already have new 13 1/4 Elka's as do others and really don't have the cash to replace shocks and A-arms.
Anyhow, can't wait to see what you guy's come up with!!!!
Let me know.
Rocky

bulldogfallon
08-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by ......720
A clear issue with the metal. From what I have seen the issue is the quality of the manufacture of the product ,seems they put little thought into the product they want your kids to ride. but pleanty into a new reason to by it for them

just helping ..

I am little curious at to what "just helping" means.....

Taking an unfounded shot at a maufacturer that goes above and beyond what most other companies do??

Every brand has issues at some point...Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki etc....I have had at least 3 recalls on my Honda TRX450R.....

They must not put much thought into the product huh?...but their ads are really cool....

One of the recalls was to prevent the throttle sticking at wide open position....only a small issue I guess?

ecmini1
08-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Any machine that is going to be raced needs to be torn down inspected for weak spots then gussets applied. Even the big machines have to go through the same deal not just the minis. DRR has done the best job on moving fwd for their customers.

wvspeedfreak
08-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
I think two different a-arm would be the ticket. One for the 13 1/4 inch stock shock AND one for the 14inch long travel shock. Reason, I already have new 13 1/4 Elka's as do others and really don't have the cash to replace shocks and A-arms.

Rocky

I agree!!!

bulldogfallon
08-10-2007, 07:55 AM
Just to clarify:

DRR is aware that there has been some bent swingarms and they are working on a permanent solution, but that will take some time and testing. They do care about this issue and the inconvenience it causes their supporters.

Be assured that as they have always done they will make things right for their riders.

They were trying to offer a better performing machine and this was an issue that was created in the process.

As always everyone that represents DRR appreciates the support everyone in the market gives them.

They are hard at work looking for the fix.

tireman43
08-12-2007, 04:47 PM
So just to clarify. I should call my dealer and they will contact DRR and find a solution?? I just noticed today that my 07 with 4 races under it has this issue. I understand that this may happen but with only 4 races I'm very bummed. Thanks for the great info so far.

bulldogfallon
08-13-2007, 04:27 AM
Please contact your dealer...

tireman43
08-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Just an update. I contacted my dealer and DRR is standing behind there product 100%. They are sending me a new updated one in a couple weeks. I don't know if they want me to spill but they have a new design that is being worked out. There service and Hetrick's service are second to none.:D

bulldogfallon
08-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Yes....It the next few weeks you will see a new square tube designed swimgarm...

As I always say "DRR makes great bikes, but is backed by even better people"

tireman43
08-13-2007, 06:15 PM
As I always say "DRR makes great bikes, but is backed by even better people" [/B][/QUOTE]

X2:D

tireman43
08-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Does anyone have an update as to when the new swinger will be avalable? I have a very bad one and it's not getting better. I was told 2 weeks a week ago. Thanks in advance.

bulldogfallon
08-26-2007, 09:17 PM
About 30 days...(guesstimate)...You can always get another round tubed version to hold you over?

The shorter version seems to be holding up..not sure what that would do to the performance, but it may keep you from bending for right now

Keep you posted..

tireman43
08-27-2007, 08:04 PM
thanks for the reply Gary and keeping me posted thus far. I don't know what I will due for a swinger for now. We have bent 2 so far. The second one was the loaner and now we have the first one back on which was re-enforced and it bent again. I'm not for sure where it bent this time as it was late and I'm very frustrated and don't want to look right now, but the chain came loose on us again. They sure aren't very strong. DRR's service is great unfortunetly just a little slow for us right now.