PDA

View Full Version : Need Help ASAP!

JRP
07-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Well today i was riding, and i came into a corner in 3rd gear and it just cut off. Motor is fine, it wants to fire, but there is no spark... I cleaned the CDI, no power is going into or out of my kill switch, and no spark on the sparkplug... IDK what it is, any clues? Also my ground is good too.

Dupontster
07-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Play with the coil wire! Kinda push it in the boot. If that works take some electric tape and wrap it so it doesnt move. This happend to a guy that races with us. Hope that works

TWISTED
07-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Hope it's not the exhaust bearing. They can be a pain!!!

AtvMxRider
07-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Hope it's not the exhaust bearing. They can be a pain!!!

Especially if they are seized in the housing:ermm:

jrspawn
07-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Like duponster said, check the coil and plug wire. Ive had a couple hondas that both did the same thing. The plug wire worked itself out a little and lost spark. Pushed them back in and sealed them and worked perfect:D

Thank you
Justin

jrspawn
07-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Another thing to check is the stator. I know of Alot of cases where hondas smoke the stator. If you have the manual it should tell you exactly how to check it, i cant remember off the top of my head which wires should show what. Another quick thing you can try is removing the oil fill plug on that side and just smell in there(i know it sounds funny) but most of the time when a stator fries, you can smell a Very strong burnt electrical smell on that side.

And if you have the stock headlight assembly, try plugging it in and turning it on while kicking the quad over and just check and see if the light flickers or does anything while kicking.

Thank you
Justin

Dupontster
07-26-2007, 05:42 AM
Pop here....I was talking to a guy at Tomahawk last weekend and he had the same problem....He told me there was a small wire going to the coil that is easily broken and it is hard to see...Check all the wires going to the coil and make sure they are still attached...The one he was talking about has an end on it that breaks....Just a thought...If that doesn't work, the wiggle pin on the wobble shaft may be loose...

Sjorge450R
07-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Dupontster
Pop here....I was talking to a guy at Tomahawk last weekend and he had the same problem....He told me there was a small wire going to the coil that is easily broken and it is hard to see...Check all the wires going to the coil and make sure they are still attached...The one he was talking about has an end on it that breaks....Just a thought...If that doesn't work, the wiggle pin on the wobble shaft may be loose...

you said no power going to the kill switch right? Maybe thats cause the kill switch is toast? Pro Designs are known for shorting out.

JRP
07-26-2007, 03:32 PM
well found out that it was my CDI. Took it to a shop around here and they ran diagnostics on it, and it was fried.....:ermm:

Dupontster
07-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Pop here again....We have a stock one here if you want to try it.....

JRP
07-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Pop here again....We have a stock one here if you want to try it.....

hey mr. duponster, we actually already ordered one, and they said it will be here saturday, which sucks becasue that means i wont be able to go to NC for practice, but I really appreciate the offer! Maybe we will get an extra jus incase? lol

JRP
07-28-2007, 12:45 PM
ha well get this. get a call this morning, they got the CDI in, the tried it, and what do you know, they diagnosed it wrong!!!!:mad: :grr: They now are saying its the stator. Now they ran tests on another computer and found that the normal readings for the stator is 80/30 and mine is 80/2. Man this is getting old.. lol. They said they cant call honda till monday because its closed and they wouldnt be able to put it in untill wensday, and we are leaving friday for NC. I guess trying to practice and get faster isnt going to work.... guess i have to stick with running/biking:grr:

Dupontster
07-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Should'of tried the one I offered....Then you would know it wasn't the CDI....:blah: You know we work on certain quads here....We have Chris's all tore down now doing a rebuild...Chris is even working out of the wheelchair...Attached are a couple of pictures of a job we just finished Thursday night....Chris even got to sit on it and go Vroom, Vroom, Vroom

Dupontster
07-28-2007, 01:52 PM

JRP
07-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Should'of tried the one I offered....Then you would know it wasn't the CDI....:blah: You know we work on certain quads here....We have Chris's all tore down now doing a rebuild...Chris is even working out of the wheelchair...Attached are a couple of pictures of a job we just finished Thursday night....Chris even got to sit on it and go Vroom, Vroom, Vroom

omg that quad is so nasty! hahaha. see i would love to do my own rebuilds, like motor wise, but my dads always the one to say "let them do it, they know what they are doing" but i mean, ill never learn unless i try....:ermm:

Dupontster
07-28-2007, 01:53 PM

Dupontster
07-28-2007, 01:54 PM
4 and the end...Can you say Vroom, Vroom, Vroom

JRP
07-28-2007, 01:54 PM
oh and one more think mr. duponster, what do you guys run for the castor/camber/toe in?

Dupontster
07-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by JRP
oh and one more think mr. duponster, what do you guys run for the castor/camber/toe in?

Sorry, If I tell ya that, we'll have to kill ya.....Chris has his own settings....Maybe he'll share...he's not here right now though....

JRP
07-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Sorry, If I tell ya that, we'll have to kill ya.....Chris has his own settings....Maybe he'll share...he's not here right now though....

haha alright thats cool. are you guys going to budds on the 12th? i know chris wont be racing, but atleast go and watch? I might not go to Rolling Hills and race at budds, idk though...

AtvMxRider
07-28-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by JRP
haha alright thats cool. are you guys going to budds on the 12th? i know chris wont be racing, but atleast go and watch? I might not go to Rolling Hills and race at budds, idk though...

Rolling hills is a nice track but it is just so damn far away.

Dupontster
07-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Sorry but I couldn't pass this last one up....Blind leading the blind....Chris is putting a screw in Gary's leg like he has....:D

Dupontster
07-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

You think that's a long way....I had to go all the way to Colonial Heights, Va. on Friday just to see a doctor.....Got outa there as fast as I could....Didn't have my green card with me....:D

JRP
07-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

yea, ive never been there. Ive herd mixed feelings about the track, well the whole thing in general. Facilities are chit, all the parking is dirt, so if it rains ur in a mud bogg. So we arent quite to sure what we are going to do. Pretty much if mike n them are going, we will go! Jerry check out the points from the last race at south fork! Who got 1st?!!?!:p

jrspawn
07-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by JRP
ha well get this. get a call this morning, they got the CDI in, the tried it, and what do you know, they diagnosed it wrong!!!!:mad: :grr: They now are saying its the stator. Now they ran tests on another computer and found that the normal readings for the stator is 80/30 and mine is 80/2. Man this is getting old.. lol. They said they cant call honda till monday because its closed and they wouldnt be able to put it in untill wensday, and we are leaving friday for NC. I guess trying to practice and get faster isnt going to work.... guess i have to stick with running/biking:grr:

Hey, didnt someone mention something about it being the stator:blah: :D I bet that guy could have even got you fixed up and running this weekend:D Sorry i just had to.

That really sucks about them getting mixed up on your quad. When you posted they said it was the CDI, i knew something wasnt right on that one. I havent really seen any issue's out of the stock cdi's on the hondas. And the stators on hondas seem to be an occuring issue. Hopefully they will get you fixed up in time though.

Justin

JRP
07-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Hey, didnt someone mention something about it being the stator:blah: :D I bet that guy could have even got you fixed up and running this weekend:D Sorry i just had to.

That really sucks about them getting mixed up on your quad. When you posted they said it was the CDI, i knew something wasnt right on that one. I havent really seen any issue's out of the stock cdi's on the hondas. And the stators on hondas seem to be an occuring issue. Hopefully they will get you fixed up in time though.

Justin

haha ya, i kno wi should of listened to you justin! lol. ya they better fix it. I hope to have it back by tuesday or wensday morning, and if not, then i am taking it to jim carroll and he said hes got stuff laying around that he could fix me up! so either way i should be riding wensday/thursday, then leavin friday morning and spending the day in NC waitin to race!

jrspawn
07-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Hey thats cool. Let me know though if you get in some type of jam though. Ive got about anything you can think off around here now parts wise. Ive got a couple 450r's here now im building up i could snatch a stator out of possibly if you needed it worst case senario. It sucks your not real close to home here. But like i said, if all else fails, i can help you out with getting you up and running.

Thank you
Justin

JRP
07-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Hey thats cool. Let me know though if you get in some type of jam though. Ive got about anything you can think off around here now parts wise. Ive got a couple 450r's here now im building up i could snatch a stator out of possibly if you needed it worst case senario. It sucks your not real close to home here. But like i said, if all else fails, i can help you out with getting you up and running.

Thank you
Justin

alright justin, thats really cool that you offered me that, i might have to take up on that, lol. I will deffinately let you know man, and i appreciate it again! Hopefully sometime soon i will make it up there and get to meet/ride with you.

D-7#61-450r
07-29-2007, 07:49 AM
I have a couple of parts lying around also but I'm not as cool as these other guys so my parts might not be good enough. Oh yeah I just thought about something WOW I live in the same county as you.haha. Hey JRP don't forget about the guys that live and ride close to you there are alot more of us mx guy in the area than you would ever belive. And we are always riding but until you get in the area scene you will never know. I can't give invites because they are not my places to ride.

moogie
07-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Have you checked the thumb throttle switch and carb switch, if they are both open circuit it cuts the ignition
This had happen on a few peoples trx450 that i know
Quick check...green 2 pin plug under left hand side front guard is the thumb switch...short these 2 wires accross to close circuit and try to start...if these switched are problem this will fix...if not nothing lost and you are still back to where you were

JRP
07-29-2007, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by D-7#61-450r
I have a couple of parts lying around also but I'm not as cool as these other guys so my parts might not be good enough. Oh yeah I just thought about something WOW I live in the same county as you.haha. Hey JRP don't forget about the guys that live and ride close to you there are alot more of us mx guy in the area than you would ever belive. And we are always riding but until you get in the area scene you will never know. I can't give invites because they are not my places to ride.

yea i know, but im only 16 so i dont know anybody older than me that rides in the area except my friend matt, and he can never ride. I know some ppl that work at FMS that ride, and ive been invited to this kids brandons track to ride, but other than that track and gary's idk where to go. Id really like to meet all the guys around here that ride, and become friends with you guys so we can all ride, but im not to sure how thats going to happen unless i meet you guys at the track, or some other way.

jrspawn
07-29-2007, 11:52 AM

Hey, is the cool club accepting applications? I want to be cool also:blah: :D

Justin

D-7#61-450r
07-29-2007, 11:59 AM
TMX next weekend a bunch of us will be there sat. for practice, sunday to race. Or you can wait for the next 13 and 7 weekend and try and meet up with a couple of the guys. Also for some local insite on a good shop give CT3 a call 899-9465. He works on most of our quads and knows all of us. Also Cliff is a quad guy not a dirt biker.

JRP
07-29-2007, 01:43 PM
TMX next weekend a bunch of us will be there sat. for practice, sunday to race. Or you can wait for the next 13 and 7 weekend and try and meet up with a couple of the guys. Also for some local insite on a good shop give CT3 a call 899-9465. He works on most of our quads and knows all of us. Also Cliff is a quad guy not a dirt biker.

I will be at Elizabeth City Motocross for a race, but ill deffinately be at the next d7/13 race. Are you going to go to Budds Creek the 12th? And I will deffinately keep CT3 in mind, but last time i called them for a front break lever, someone picked up, and we talked, then he hung up on me. Im sure not on purpose, but i havent talked to them again yet.:p

#88yfz
07-29-2007, 06:37 PM
I think i have heard of ct3 motorsports before!!