PDA

View Full Version : best way to get credit score

banshee84
07-25-2007, 04:53 PM
hi, I am looking to find out my credit score and was wondering what is the best way to do that. I have seen websites that charge $25-$40 for your 3 credit scores. I am looking for my credit score not my credit report. Should I do it online?

CDALEMX301
07-25-2007, 04:56 PM
OOps didnt read your whole post thought you said report...If you want your score from the three companies I think it is like 25 or 30 bucks from the government thing...If you are just looking for one of them I think Expierian is only 5....I will leave the rest of the post for incase anyone else is interested...

google governmetn credit report...I believe the website is annualcreditreport.com or something....Federal Law mandates that everyone has the right to a free credit report from all three bureaus once a year...If you have not filed for one through the website in the past year you are eligible for a free one...You do need to enter your SS# and stuff on the internet if you arent comfortable with that i think there is a number you can call or a form to fill out...eiither way its free...I have used it 2x with no issues so it is safe online...

banshee84
07-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by CDALEMX301
OOps didnt read your whole post thought you said report...If you want your score from the three companies I think it is like 25 or 30 bucks from the government thing...If you are just looking for one of them I think Expierian is only 5....I will leave the rest of the post for incase anyone else is interested...

google governmetn credit report...I believe the website is annualcreditreport.com or something....Federal Law mandates that everyone has the right to a free credit report from all three bureaus once a year...If you have not filed for one through the website in the past year you are eligible for a free one...You do need to enter your SS# and stuff on the internet if you arent comfortable with that i think there is a number you can call or a form to fill out...eiither way its free...I have used it 2x with no issues so it is safe online...

thanks, I will look into it

Mc. Muffin
07-25-2007, 05:20 PM
freecreditreport.com

mephyst
07-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Mc. Muffin
freecreditreport.com

I also just used this site about 2 weeks ago. Works great, you have to setup an account and then cancel it before a month so you aren't charged. I believe all the other sites are like this as well.

Raptor68
07-26-2007, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by mephyst
I also just used this site about 2 weeks ago. Works great, you have to setup an account and then cancel it before a month so you aren't charged. I believe all the other sites are like this as well.

I used it as well. No problems or issues. It's free for the first month, so get your score and then cancel it afterwards.

banshee84
07-26-2007, 10:46 AM
thanks for all the replies