PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Slip on and Full Exhaust?

reptikes
07-25-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm wondering what the power difference would be between a Slip-On compared to a Full Exhaust?

Thanks,
Mike

07-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Unless you have motor work done you won't really notice a difference.

reptikes
07-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Ok, lets say that you have a UNI air filter with an HRC lid, Stage 1 or 2 Hot Cam, HRC jet kit, would a Slip-On put out as much power as the full exhaust, Period?

450R_lover
07-26-2007, 12:59 PM
I'd say with a cam, i'd get a full system. If you are modding it that much, then you will probably mod it more in the future. You might as well prepare for future mods and buy the full system.
jmo

TheBlasterMan
07-26-2007, 09:43 PM
save yourself money in the future and get the full exaust. I wouldnt even buy a slip on. Get the Hrc end cap if your just looking for sound or a full exaust system for power.

flowmasterz
07-29-2007, 08:51 AM
The way i had this same thing explained to me before by the local atv shop was that the header pipe has to be in proportion to the valve size. So basically he was tellin me that if you do not have valve work done a full exhaust will not do much if any more for you. Dont quote me on this i have never heard before other than by this shop but the guy has been doin it for a long time and before he did atvs and bikes he built car motors so i trust what he says.