PDA

View Full Version : Lake Gaston Motocross

JRP
07-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Has anyone been there? Its located in NC and I believe I am making the trip down there this weekend for practice. If you have how do you like it, are there flaggers/ambulances, and is there enough parking for us to bring our toy hauler for the weekend?
Thanks

~J. Pepper #859~

FHKracingZ
07-25-2007, 08:24 AM
is there enough room for a toyhauler? its a motocross track not a house with a driveway.. im sure ure not the onlyone in the world with a big hauler ,lol

JRP
07-25-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
is there enough room for a toyhauler? its a motocross track not a house with a driveway.. im sure ure not the onlyone in the world with a big hauler ,lol

i know what you mean, but they dont hold races, its run by 2 ppl and its not a huge facility.

jrspawn
07-25-2007, 09:52 AM
A buddy of mine and a pretty large group of fast guys were going down there almost weekly for a while. From what ive heard the place is Very nice. long layout, and pretty sick. I know they said it never really got too packed there either.

There are also Alot of other tracks around the area also. I know whenever i fly into charolette seeing all the tracks below is crazy looking. The MX scene must do pretty good in NC.

Thank you
Justin

TWISTED
07-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by jrspawn
A buddy of mine and a pretty large group of fast guys were going down there almost weekly for a while. From what ive heard the place is Very nice. long layout, and pretty sick. I know they said it never really got too packed there either.

There are also Alot of other tracks around the area also. I know whenever i fly into charolette seeing all the tracks below is crazy looking. The MX scene must do pretty good in NC.

Thank you
Justin

And I thought I was the only one to look for tracks from the air.... When we flew into Vegas, I was amazed at the amount of tracks I saw....

honda4life72
07-25-2007, 10:12 AM
yea mx racing in nc is big , but alot of tracks are a good 2 hours from me , where is this place? i would like to come and practice , expesically if pepper is going , i need to learn to mx race lol

jrspawn
07-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by TWISTED
And I thought I was the only one to look for tracks from the air.... When we flew into Vegas, I was amazed at the amount of tracks I saw....

lol, actually when im flying im looking straight forward waiting to land. My wife is always spotting the cool things to look at, then she cons me in to looking out the window. If you cant tell im terified of heights. The coolest one is whenever we fly into puerto rico, there is a Huge crazy looking track almost on the side of the island. It looks to be all Clay/red colored dirt.

Justin

JRP
07-25-2007, 10:21 AM

Thank you
Justin

i know like tom fink, and some other guys went down and ive only herd good things... I just got an email back from buddy sr. and he said that the big track is almost 2.5miles long, so it should be awsome! I herd they have a nasty 100ft+ step up, cant wait! thanks for the reply justin!

honda4life72
07-25-2007, 10:25 AM
where is it at? i tryed to mapquest but didn't work :/

JRP
07-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by honda4life72
where is it at? i tryed to mapquest but didn't work :/

www.lakegastonmotocross.com

545 Shaw Springs Rd.- 903 north , Littleton N.C.

honda4life72
07-25-2007, 10:37 AM
it still won't work lol, says the address is not valid or sumthing

winters126
07-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Hey Jordan,

I went there this winter. It was a fun place! By the middle of the day, the big track was so rutted up by the dirtbikes that it was almost unridable. There is plenty of land for you to park the toyhauler. It was VERY laid back.... No flaggers or ambulances. I remember passing a little medical facility just a few miles from the track, though.

Hope you have fun!!!

MX MaNiAc 06
07-26-2007, 10:05 AM
lol, actually when im flying im looking straight forward waiting to land. My wife is always spotting the cool things to look at, then she cons me in to looking out the window. If you cant tell im terified of heights. The coolest one is whenever we fly into puerto rico, there is a Huge crazy looking track almost on the side of the island. It looks to be all Clay/red colored dirt.

Justin

Possibly the one from Huevos 9?

jrspawn
07-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Yup, thats it.

Thank you
Justin