PDA

View Full Version : really fed up w/ jetting...

PismoGuy400
10-24-2002, 02:40 PM
ok..guys..im gonna try one more thing...turn the pilot screw all the way in.

(for those who dont know about my dilemma..my bike races just about WOT at idle...i have no clue whats wrong w/ it..i put the 146 main, the adaptor and the needle that came w/ the dnyo jet- jet kit

im pretty sure i followed all the directions

im gettin tired of taking this carb off and put it back on.

just getting this thing running will make my day.

o yeah..im runnig a t-4 slip on.

so. will turning the pilot screw al the way in lower it enough to get in back to normal?

RiPPiNiTuP7
10-24-2002, 02:46 PM
Are you sure your slide or cable isn't sticking and making it stay revved up?

Texan32
10-24-2002, 02:56 PM
turning the screw in all the way will completely shut down your idle circuit. A motor will rev higher the leaner it is. I don't know what you have tried, but 3 turns out is about where it should be.

Like ripin said, make sure your throttle cable isn't binding anywhere. perhaps you have the adjuster (threaded adjuster on the thumb throttle) way too tight?

PismoGuy400
10-24-2002, 03:01 PM
what i mant was screwing it all the way in, then screwing it out gradually to where it idles good...

i have adjusted the cable, i will loosen it all the way to where it is like a stock machine.

so adjusting the pilot screw will get me where i want it?

if it is a bad idea, do you know what else i could do?

the stock jetting ran ok, but people said if i left it like that, it would leave the motor damaged.

PismoGuy400
10-24-2002, 03:02 PM
i also tried a 155 main jet.

BornOnFire
10-24-2002, 03:27 PM
When you put your needle in, you had to remove the slide and throttle arm right. I would suspect that your problem lies there. Remove the throttle body cover and look down inside while you thumb the throttle to see that it is sliding and setting back down all the way. When you replaced the jets did you remove carb bowl when you replaced the main? You may want to check to see that every thing is in order there.

OT: You live in Fremont? I went to Washington High School. Hmmmmm.....small world. Oh, what I would do for a Nation's Burger right now!!! Or have a beer in Niles.........

PismoGuy400
10-24-2002, 03:55 PM
yea bornonfire..im in fremont, i go to american high..what year did you graduate?..

and ill go take it aprt right now to see that the slide is sitting all te wa down.

sharpshooter
10-24-2002, 04:18 PM
if everything internal in the carb is right,put the pilot screw at 3.5 turns out from all the way in and try adjusting your idle nob[while it's running with no throttle]
you might have moved it while working on the carb

jerry-89-250R
10-24-2002, 06:19 PM
take the boot off the back of your carb, you may have too remove it from airbox too, look in the back of your carb too see if your slide is working right, try your throttle while watching the slide, sounds like your slide is backwards, does your choke lever work? there's a notch in the slide for the choke butterfly too open and close,

PismoGuy400
10-24-2002, 07:16 PM
the slide goes in a certain way?..thats something i didnt know.

PismoGuy400
10-24-2002, 07:18 PM
and everything else is working properly..

jerry-89-250R
10-24-2002, 07:27 PM
yes it does, if you look at it you'll see a notch on the side of it "from the bottom up" that notch is for the choke butterfly too open and close, put it in backwards and the choke wont't work, and can hold your slide up, that will make it run wide open when you crank it

PismoGuy400
10-24-2002, 07:30 PM
but the choke is working..

jerry-89-250R
10-24-2002, 07:34 PM
did you look in the back of the card, you can tell that way if it's in right, also is the slide all most touching the bottom of carb?