PDA

View Full Version : 86 250r vs. 07 450r

400ex18
07-24-2007, 10:18 PM
i have a 86 honda 250r that has been bored 60 over, with a lil port and polished and cr 250 reed cage! jetted k&n filter and stuff like that! my buddie just got a 07 honda 450r he has put full fmf system and jetted it and k&n filter! and he has been ragin on my 250 sayin he can moop my *** racin in a stright line! wat do u all think?? but if he can beat me in a stright line i would bet 6,000 he could not touch me on a track!!! but let me know wat u all think?
thanks!

Aceman
07-24-2007, 10:57 PM
I think you should race him and find out for yourself.

400ex18
07-24-2007, 11:02 PM
well ya i planed on racin him!!! but i just thought i would see wat u all thought!

250r4life
07-25-2007, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
I think you should race him and find out for yourself.

X2...

but me personally i wouldnt go betting on you in either situation from what i know of your bike right now...

assuming there isnt a huge rider discrepancy, he'd probably hand you your ***** dragging and on the track...

x rider1291
07-25-2007, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by 250r4life
X2...

but me personally i wouldnt go betting on you in either situation from what i know of your bike right now...

assuming there isnt a huge rider discrepancy, he'd probably hand you your ***** dragging and on the track...

in a drag i dunno about getting his *** handed to him...and on the track its al rider skill but i still think a 250r can take on the 450's easily on the track

400ex18
07-25-2007, 09:36 AM
i have rode all the new 450s and was not to inpressed with any of them! honda, yamajunk, and suzuki! and i have ridin on a track with the 450s and my 250r kills them all day long!! the only place he might get is in a drag race! but hell 4 wheelers dont win races riders do!!! i still say 250rs are the way to go they out handle all of them and have great power!!!

Gray33
07-25-2007, 09:58 AM
1-you posted in the wrong fourm, probly should have posted in the "open" fourm
2-you are in a 250r information so the people are goin to agree with you
3.doesnt really matther there both honda's
4-go RACE and find out

250r4life
07-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by x rider1291
in a drag i dunno about getting his *** handed to him...and on the track its al rider skill but i still think a 250r can take on the 450's easily on the track

i was to be on a drag, as of right now i would bet on the 450r....

and on the track, assuming there isnt a big rider discrepancy, i would also bet on the 450r... he doesnt have a whole lot of engine work done, doesnt have a PV, and doesnt sound like he has suspension... the 450r is going to likely have more power, and much more usable power.

x rider1291
07-25-2007, 10:49 AM
i was to be on a drag, as of right now i would bet on the 450r....

and on the track, assuming there isnt a big rider discrepancy, i would also bet on the 450r... he doesnt have a whole lot of engine work done, doesnt have a PV, and doesnt sound like he has suspension... the 450r is going to likely have more power, and much more usable power.

yes ur probably right about the drag race i would also bet on the 450r...but on a track i still think with the right rider a 250r can hold its own up against the 450's

Kirt13
07-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by 400ex18
well ya i planed on racin him!!! but i just thought i would see wat u all thought!
We think you should race him and find out........

Or, are you just trying to start one of these retarded arguing back and forth threads....

RichM1983
07-25-2007, 01:37 PM
yes ur probably right about the drag race i would also bet on the 450r...but on a track i still think with the right rider a 250r can hold its own up against the 450's

He said with simliar riders the 450 woud win. You cant say a bike is better by saying if you put "the right rider" on it could hold its own. A pro rider could beat me around he track with a 300ex and just three wheels while I road a 250r. That doesnt mean the 300ex is a better track bike.

400ex18
07-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Well i guss thats why im puttin a 250r back on the track to shut all these 4 stroke guys up! and really i dont care if he does beat me in a stright line, but it will never happen on a race track!!!!!!!!!!!!!

250r4life
07-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by 400ex18
Well i guss thats why im puttin a 250r back on the track to shut all these 4 stroke guys up! and really i dont care if he does beat me in a stright line, but it will never happen on a race track!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go get 'em tiger!!!

:devil: :eek2: :huh

Aceman
07-25-2007, 05:52 PM
go get 'em tiger!!!

:devil: :eek2: :huh

:huh x2

haha

mcboomport
07-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Posts like this are ridiculous... I also have a buddy that always tells me how fast his 450r is, which i agree it is.... but big deal... I just try to ride for myself... It ruins riding for me when people brag about how fast there bikes are....Where I live its little rich boys with 20,000 into there banshees everywhere.... Its all good that their bikes are fast in drag or up a hill, but i don't see those fools hitting dunes in fifth gear floating everything in site... Its all about how you enjoy riding... like I said, almost all of the guys i ride with have faster bikes, but when are ripping along, I'm always in front.. its all about suspension and confidence in your bike......... Theres always somebody with more money and a faster bike... stop worrying about who's bike is faster and enjoy riding your small cc outdated beauty...

x rider1291
07-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by mcboomport
Posts like this are ridiculous... I also have a buddy that always tells me how fast his 450r is, which i agree it is.... but big deal... I just try to ride for myself... It ruins riding for me when people brag about how fast there bikes are....Where I live its little rich boys with 20,000 into there banshees everywhere.... Its all good that their bikes are fast in drag or up a hill, but i don't see those fools hitting dunes in fifth gear floating everything in site... Its all about how you enjoy riding... like I said, almost all of the guys i ride with have faster bikes, but when are ripping along, I'm always in front.. its all about suspension and confidence in your bike......... Theres always somebody with more money and a faster bike... stop worrying about who's bike is faster and enjoy riding your small cc outdated beauty...

yea i never understood why ppl make just all out drag quads....i think there cool to look at and there fast as hell..but all u can really do is go in a straight line and whats the fun in that...but thats just my opinion

Seano300ex
07-26-2007, 04:48 PM
so what happened with that race??

250r4life
07-26-2007, 05:25 PM
yea i never understood why ppl make just all out drag quads....i think there cool to look at and there fast as hell..but all u can really do is go in a straight line and whats the fun in that...but thats just my opinion

i have tons of fun dragging! none of my bikes are drag bikes, but i love dragging them... down at the dunes i drag the hill 50+ times a day easily, and drag on the flats occasionally as well...

i've done flat drags for hours at a time and had a blast... my boss's banshee is pretty dragged out, and that thing is a blast to ride...

although i wouldnt ever have a drag bike as my only bike, i can see why people would build them...

i have some pretty fast bikes and i am confortable on them, but my boss's banshee is ridiculously fast... its scary...

badquad
07-26-2007, 11:23 PM
Well how about it TIGER, who won the race..this cant be all talk and no show????:confused:

Give us an update!!!;)

250r4life
07-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by badquad
Well how about it TIGER, who won the race..this cant be all talk and no show????:confused:

Give us an update!!!;)

i seriously doubt youre going to get the true story out of him...