PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions in 1 post (airbox & exhaust)

Holty
10-28-2001, 10:06 PM
First off just to give some background info. I'm planning on getting the K&N Power kit(with jets, filter, etc.) and a White Bros. E-series pipe(not sure if i'm gonna get the header pipe or leave the stock one? All will be installed at the same time). Is the K&N Filter with Prefilter good enough intake?? Or should I leave the airbox lid off?? Is leaving the lid off safe?? Has anyone done this before and does it make a difference?? The above mods are all I plan on doing(except for maybe a rev box later on). Is it necessary to replace the stock header pipe when doing these mods?? Will it make any difference what so ever??? Keep in mind, I don't mind spending the money on one if it will help even just a little bit. I"m looking for mostly low end and mid range power. I mainly ride in trails and rarely get into 4th and 5th gears. Once again, you guys are great and thanks for any help or input you can give me.

10-28-2001, 10:53 PM
The header will increase your horsepower so I would buy the header. If money is no problem then I would buy a Curtis Sparks exhaust you will have a larger power gain and better sound. White Brother silencers have tendency to break also.

Moto92
10-28-2001, 11:34 PM
I was told that the stock header is already designed for maximum performance and to go with just a slip on. Also that you really would only need the aftermarket header if you had a big bore kit installed.

RAPTORAZ
10-29-2001, 05:46 AM
Here's my setup and results. White Bros. filter, S-Bend E-Series silencer(18 discs), no airbox lid, 165 main, Rev Box, and a 36 tooth rear sprocket. Before the sprocket and Rev Box I was a dead heat match for my buddy on his bone-stock Banshee. I haven't raced him with the new mods yet. I don't think a full exhaust mod is worth it until you get internal engine mods. I haven't had any problems with no airbox lid. Neither have any of my friends.

knighttime
10-29-2001, 07:47 AM
do this instead:

10-29-2001, 10:35 AM
and checkout them custom built and installed turbo charger connectors on the back of the airbox lid,,,Knighttime when you gonna tell us the secret to that?????:D

Red Rooster
10-29-2001, 10:53 AM
I just die every time i see those little fogers(you screw on a bottle of nitrous and it fogs the airbox) HE HE. Cool idea, though.:huh :D :D :huh

knighttime
10-29-2001, 11:27 AM
Yeah those connectors have me up to 3 powerbands, and I'm gonna go for 4!

400exRacerX
10-29-2001, 11:28 AM
What are those things? the top of spark plugs?