PDA

View Full Version : quiting on the sport

juanki
07-24-2007, 06:20 PM
well,.... this past sunday i was on a ride with some friends and just arriving to a ranch that we're going,for beef and beer,after 4 or 5 hours of riding, at the entrance, the guy in front of me suddenly hited the brakes and i coudnt do anything, hit him with my frotn rigth to his rear left tire and went flying over the bars sidways landed and broke my collar bone, the one in the shoulder, so now i have a month with out moving my arm at all.

two years ago i broke my arm and dislocated my wrist, so i told my wife that if anything else happend to me, i was going to quit and sell the quad... but i dont think that was my fault at all. but a promise is a promise..

but i still want to ride...

suzukigirl
07-24-2007, 06:28 PM
i don't see why you have to quit

bansheerider4
07-24-2007, 06:30 PM
sell it then buy a different one so you wont be breaking your promise but youll still get to ride...

Ghost-Rider
07-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Ouch ! thats to bad man

zuki girl, i think he promised his wife if he got hurt again he would quit.

07-24-2007, 06:32 PM
i guess a promise is a promise...what about MX bikes?? :D

67mopar
07-24-2007, 06:32 PM
accidents happen and if theres no way you could of done anything you shouldnt have to quit. just my opinion

Drone
07-24-2007, 06:34 PM
im out with a broken collar bone right now, its not a hard bone to break, i mean my friend broke his skating, another broke hers on a horse, i dont think thats fair, what if you broke your pinky, wouldnt you be pissed that you had to quit because of that, i just dont think its fair, but hey its a promise i guess. how much for your quad? got any riding gear? hehe...just wondering

juanki
07-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by bansheerider4
sell it then buy a different one so you wont be breaking your promise but youll still get to ride...

lol...

thinking on getting a rhino, but dont know.. first i'll have to sell, i'll try here in mexico, if not i'll part out for the US market..

juanki
07-24-2007, 06:40 PM
this came at such a bad time.. i was planing a 4 day trip to the cooper canyon with the bikers and some quads.. i just got a 4 gal tank and a xc moose back pack.. those items are still in the border, at a warehouse... i'm so pissed

sly400ex
07-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Dude, heal up and keep on riding! Don't let something like this keep you from doing what you like, especially if YOU really want to continue. Doesn't make sense to me:confused:

firefighterjosh
07-24-2007, 07:18 PM
#1 Quads
#2 GF and wives..or both for some people.

Drone
07-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
#1 Quads
#2 GF and wives..or both for some people.

a sad truth:ermm:

suzukigirl
07-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
zuki girl, i think he promised his wife if he got hurt again he would quit.

no..i mean...isn't it his decision if he quits or not...not just because he told his wife he would

honda4life72
07-25-2007, 08:37 AM
no a mariage is a two person deal lol, u make a promise u keep it haha

bwamos
07-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by honda4life72
no a mariage is a two person deal lol, u make a promise u keep it haha

amen.

Family is ALWAYS first.

juanki
07-25-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
amen.

Family is ALWAYS first.

well i just got my xc tires, 4gall gas tank and the 15 thoot sprocket, all the things that i needed for my trip to the cooper canyon. ...

but i have to think of my family first, i cant do nothing for 3 weeks, it will give me time to think..

gncc025
07-25-2007, 04:50 PM
its simple, just break the promise. i mean whats the worst that could happen? get an a** whoopen by the wife haha. it might be painful but itll be over before u know it and youll be back on a quad :D ;)

Aceman
07-25-2007, 06:05 PM
Do people stand behind their word anymore? That's directed more towards the other posters than Juanki. It's very simple, don't make promises if you don't plan on keeping them. If you promised be a man and follow through with it. Your fate to ride is in the hands of your wife, you promised her. If you want to ride, tell her how you feel about it. But just don't break the promise, without letting HER MAKE THE CHOICE whether you will ride again or not. Unhappy wife equals unhappy life, sorry guys but there ARE things more important than riding. By the way, isn't your wife about due to have a baby Juanki?

honda4life72
07-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
amen.

Family is ALWAYS first. lol i knew that and i'm only 15 haha

juanki
07-26-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
Do people stand behind their word anymore? That's directed more towards the other posters than Juanki. It's very simple, don't make promises if you don't plan on keeping them. If you promised be a man and follow through with it. Your fate to ride is in the hands of your wife, you promised her. If you want to ride, tell her how you feel about it. But just don't break the promise, without letting HER MAKE THE CHOICE whether you will ride again or not. Unhappy wife equals unhappy life, sorry guys but there ARE things more important than riding. By the way, isn't your wife about due to have a baby Juanki?

that is excactly what i'll do... now is in her hands... i hope she lets me ride my quad... but i'll trow the idea of a rhino..

and i had my baby almost 4 months ago, he is the other main reason for this.. they are in vacation for two weeks, so i'm not recenting this that much, but when they com i'll have the arm tied up for one more week, that's when i'll hit me, when i woludnt be able to carry my baby with both hands..or make him burp,lol, that is my job:) .

here in my baby

juanki
07-26-2007, 09:02 AM

juanki
07-26-2007, 09:03 AM
oops

400EXTRA
07-26-2007, 09:56 AM
If your wife is like that is she really worth having? :confused:

juanki
07-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by 400EXTRA
If your wife is like that is she really worth having? :confused:

i'll guess that you aren't married...

when i had mi first accident, she suffered alot, and she doesnt want to feel like that anymore, and just because of me...

i'll guess that you don't have a child...

yestarday was my arm, today my collar bone, tomorrow what ...my back, my life?

this was my arm, i had this almost 4 months

juanki
07-26-2007, 11:45 AM
this my wrist,, 1 month

1965 honda
07-26-2007, 01:03 PM
you should get a huge 4x4 so next time you dont end up on the short end of the stick:macho