PDA

View Full Version : Jetting and Where are the needles and pilot jets at?

hondaman440ex
07-24-2007, 04:15 PM
I was wondering if anyone has a 400ex that they have turned in to a 440ex. What is the jets that you use? I have a 12.5:1 compression, Hot Cam Stage 2, Pro-Circuit T-4, K&N Air Filter, and I am running VP110 octane. Air box cover is removed with a stock carb. I had it port and polished and the valves done. Where I ride it is about 850 ft.

I ordered a Dynomax or Dyno (cannot remember) jet kit and I am picking it up tomorrow. I have heard that these jets aren't like normal jets. That is why I am asking again.!I don't know how to re-jet things so if anyone could help me out that would be awesome! I only know where the main jet is. Thanks

davetheslave
07-24-2007, 04:51 PM
I had a 180dj main in mine with the stock carb. And you set up is almost identical to mine. and I moved the needle up one notch. Im at 5000 ft though. So you'll probably have to go up 2 notches on the needle, and maybee another size bigger on the main. But you should be close from there.

hornetgod13
07-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Search the "How To" section of the website. There is a lot of information already out there to help you.