PDA

View Full Version : Custom Axis Shocks

EX 80
10-28-2001, 08:21 PM
I am kind of thinking about getting axis shocks. I have seen for the front, Dual rate comp. adjust, and dual rate dual adjust. For the triple rates its either no adjust or comp adjust. I was wondering if some one could tell me what the difference is between all of them.

10-29-2001, 06:31 AM
go out to shocconnection.com and read their " frequently asked shock questions" it'll tell ya everything you want to know about shocks,,,plus answer your question,,,later

trx400ex
10-29-2001, 04:31 PM
my advice to you as well as ricks from CA is to get the triple non adj in the front and the dual comp adj in the rear

Adams44
10-30-2001, 06:18 PM
I am pretty much with TRX400EX,

Dual rate rear compression adjust is what I have been racing on all year and I am REALLY happy with it. I did have some adjusting to do on the preload, BUT IF I HAD it to do over again, I would get rebound adjust as well. Your spending that much money on the best shock made that means you will have it for along time. Since I am going to run alot of MX and have it setup for XC right now, I am missing that rebound adjustment. What is another $100 when you are spending that much anyway?

Same with the fronts, sure you may not adjust them for awhile, but once you run them and race on them, you may find that you want to adjust the rebound, pre-load and compression. I didn't really know what to feel for at the beginning of the season, but as it went on, you really start to recognise ways to make them feel better for you and the different terrians you will ride on.

Just my opinion. I bought some TCS fronts, tried to save a few bucks and hated them. Buy the best you can get. I have spent over $10000 on quad, parts and racing this year, some things I really wish I wouldn't have bought. That Axis rear was my best purchase out of all of them. I am saving up for fronts right now.

Good luck
Nick
GNCC 426EX

beerock
10-30-2001, 09:22 PM
SCREW everything AXIS is the shiznit. Roger penske racing builds Axis shocks. now maybe if someone like roger penske would build shocks, like maybe bobby rahal racing , then maybe axis racing would have some competition but I dont think there is any competition so rock on AXIS

I think they are a little too much money though