PDA

View Full Version : gota ? that i need answered

pr400ex
07-24-2007, 10:55 AM
i know this is posted alot but o well. i am looking to buy a pipe that puts out the most pony's. whats the big difference between a slip on and a full system my engin builder always say just go with a slip on because we dont mess with the valves is this true? im looking very deply at dasa plz help!

RahnL17
07-24-2007, 12:55 PM
you will gwt the most power from a full system b/c most of the power gained is the with head pipe designs on the full systems. A slip on is pretty much the same as running the stock exhaust but there maybe a lil bit of a difference. If you are looking into dasa they only come in full system and matched up with a fuel atv intake there is nothing else like. Prolly the best to bolts on to get the most out of the quad.

LTR450_#67
07-24-2007, 03:19 PM
I don't see why you would ever have to mess with the valves if you put a full system on. I've never heard of it either.
I have a slip-on only becuase I got it cheap from a guy ($120). I noticed a lil gain in the mid and a touch more on top, but if I were you go with a Full system. The DASA is the pipe with the most gains and you can get it reasonably price from FUELATV.

Fuel ATV (http://fuelatv.com/LTR450.htm)

later
Aaron

pr400ex
07-25-2007, 11:14 AM
thanks guys i really appreciate it

AL Elks
07-25-2007, 04:33 PM
You need to find a new engine builder before he does something really bad to your motor because there is no need to mess with the valves when adding an exhaust.

What kind of shade tree builder is he?