PDA

View Full Version : Rusty water is steering stem?

KFX440ROX
07-24-2007, 07:57 AM
Like the title says i have rusty water in my steering stem. Has anyone had this problem and should i drill a hole in the bottom or something?

I'm also looking for a new Exhaust pipe. I mostly do trail/rock/steep hill riding and want a pipe that gives me smooth power and good low end torque, which pipe should i get? i was looking at the HMF bill ballance pipe and i can get a good deal on a DG X2 full exhaust or a Pro circuit Ti4 but i haven't heard anything about them all i know pro circuits are normally really expensive. any help will be appreciated

Flyin-Low
07-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Water will get into ANY stock steering stem, I've had it on all my quads and it doesn't do any harm but get you wet when the bike flips on you :D

and for pipes, if you ask on here all the info you'll get is to buy one of the "big three" pipes: Rossier, Dasa or Curtis Sparks. They are all so close to the same it doesn't matter what one you get, They are all extremely well built and Rossier is the cheapest, Dasa makes just a bit more power, and Sparks is the most expensive I think.

-Martin

KFX440ROX
07-24-2007, 03:25 PM
k thanks for the help. I took off the steering stem and i found out there is suppose to be a hole in the bottom but mine was pack tight of mud so i had to use a drill to get it out and it works great now.