PDA

View Full Version : Which Jet kit to buy?? Help

koolaid28
07-23-2007, 10:48 PM
I do not know which kit I should buy? Do I go with the Sparks jet kit 04/05 TRX450R HRC Jet Kit (Includes HRC needle, clip, and 185 Main Jet)
Part#: 16020-NLZ-651 OR The Sparks Racing performance jet kit simply supplies you with all of the components necessary to properly tune your 450R’s carburetor with the Sparks exhaust and air supercharger systems. The kit comes with a selection of main jets and the correct jet needle.

I am also confused about which ones will have the leak jet and the needle clip??

I have the DASA full exhaust, Sparks filter with the lid off. And a HC stage 2 , with the budget HRC .

All your help is greatly apreciated.

pro-rider46
07-23-2007, 10:55 PM
the hrc needle is the best but the sparks is good too. they both come with the clip. and you dont need a leak jet you need a pilot jet. you can pick one of those up at a dealership, their like six bucks. your probably looking for a 50 pilot, right? if you buy the sparks you get an assortment of jets which is real nice when fine tuning the jetting. if i were in your position i would buy the sparks just cause you get so many jets and thats a great convience.

sandmanblue
07-25-2007, 12:36 PM
You could do what you need to do a lot cheaper than buying a kit full of jets you don't need. All that is necessary is a main, needle and a pilot. The HRC needle is preferred.

There are a ton of jetting threads on this site. Do a search and you'll find what you need.