PDA

View Full Version : Dune Shocks

sand_416ex
07-23-2007, 08:26 PM
I’m looking at getting my stock shocks rebuilt and setup for dunes. I was looking at DeRisi Racing or GT Thunder because I’ve heard great things about there MX and XC builds but I haven’t heard anything about there dune builds.

So I was wondering if any one had a dune setup from ether and what you liked and didn’t like and how well they perform, i.e. soaking up woops and tire tracks.

Also if there is another company I should look at let me know.

Thanks for your help
Josh

schootar
07-24-2007, 08:29 PM
I'm looking to do pretty much the same thing you are with my '06.

I put Houser +2 on it a little while back and just haven't found enough funds to get the rebuilds done. I'll probably go with a MX rebuild from DeRisi since it suits the type of riding I do at the dunes.

Which part of the Oregon Dunes do you ride at most?

sand_416ex
07-24-2007, 09:48 PM
I just widened out my bike too and I love the difference. I just need to get better shocks and I’ll be set.

I ride Coos Bay the most but I mix it up pretty good. Do you get down here very often or do you ride the Washington dunes? I like the terrain at Moses Lake and Beverly but they get to hot and dusty for my taste.

Benjithx
07-24-2007, 11:55 PM
Check out the Fox FLoat

My buddy has them on his dune machine and loves them.

sand_416ex
07-25-2007, 07:59 PM
I would love to get a nice aftermarket setup but I just don’t get to ride enough to feel good about spending that much money. I just need something that will soak up the rough stuff better

Flyin-Low
07-25-2007, 08:34 PM
The regular fox floats wouldn't be A LOT more than rebuilds in the front.. Good cost effective shock and you can tune it exactly how you want it just by pumping some more air into them.

-Martin

schootar
07-26-2007, 09:01 PM
My brother and I go to Winchester and Florence the most. We'll hit Coos Bay also from time to time. We get down there as often as we can. If it wasn't so far, I'd be there all the time.

I actually haven't ridden Moses or Beverly.

AZTRX
07-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Hey, in terms of dune riding. How much different are the beach dunes in comparison to the cali dunes? Glamis/gordon's well, etc? Cause I just got the wider a-arms, and everyone says that you should do it all at once. I don't think my shocks are even close to needing replaced, and I'd like to wear them out before I get them rebuilt.
What are some other companies I can look at for the rebuild, and do you reccommend me getting the most use out of them, before hand?

thanks.
Jp

sand_416ex
08-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Anyone else?

TRX450RACER174
08-01-2007, 09:16 PM
I run a stock set of 450 shocks for the dunes on +2 arms, i turned down the preload to soften them up and they are plush, in terms of your ? about the dunes which beach dunes are you talking about, i have only been to Pismo and Glamis and as far as the dunes they are totally different, Glamis has a lot more razor backs compared to Pismo and larger hills, and not to mention you can ride 4 ever in Glamis, Glamis also has a more variety of things to do.

honduh440
08-01-2007, 09:54 PM
i would recomend calling johnny at JH racing ... www.j-hracing.com

hes awsome with those shocks im extremely suprsied how long mine has lasted and how well it works

several people have long travel front ends and the stock rear shock redone by him including myself plus i think he is a lot cheaper then the other companys