PDA

View Full Version : dyno run from my 416

zrpilot
07-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Not too bad.. Temp was 95 degrees F!!

Running the 158 main as the 152 was a little lean for my comfort level.

Comments welcome.

PismoLocal
07-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Impressive I would have guessed your setup to produce more power than that. Is your 416 stroked or bored?

zrpilot
07-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Yeah I was thinking closer to 40HP... but oh well..

I'm happy about how flat the torque curve. It is very easy to ride.

It is simply bored to a 416.

gncc025
07-23-2007, 03:45 PM
those are some impressive numbers. makes me wonder if i should look into a 416 kit:eek2:

MO-EX-RIDER
07-23-2007, 04:09 PM
you have a fcr carb uni, k&n lid....what cam + what exhaust? and are you leaving the 52 pilot in?

zrpilot
07-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Here is a list of my mods:
GT Thunder XC Porting
Honda HRC Cam
Wiseco 11:1
39MM FCR w/ Boyesen Quick shot
155 main
52 low speed
OCEMR needle on 3rd notch
Pro Design filter Kit with Uni Filter.
EHS Racing Outerwears Airbox lid.
HMF Ballance Pro Full Exhaust.
GT Thunder 8 Plate Clutch Kit
GT Thunder HD Stud Kit

And I'm thinking about putting a bigger pilot, like a 56.. You probably noticed the leanness in the beginning of run. I think that is from an un-equal exhaust runner length.

bayou boy
07-23-2007, 07:26 PM
not to hijack but i will post mine for other peoples research and comparison and mods

bayou boy
07-23-2007, 07:36 PM
my mods..JE 10:8:1 416, C&D head port, hot cam stg 2, hmf full system, fcr 39 with boysen quick shot, k&n filter, 6 degree advance key, gt thunder 8 disc clutch with hinson basket and magnum rev box. my main is a 175 not sure on the clip and pilot...i got the carb reworked through c&d put it on and got it dynoed...that part was right so i left it alone. i had to jet up on the main. if you can do it pull the ehs lid off....i had one on mine on the dyno and pulled it off to see if there was a difference.....almost 2 hp. had to jet up for it though it went wayyy lean when i took it off. in the summer i drop down to either a 172 or a 170 depending on the humidity she feels a lil lazy in the summer with a 175

bayou boy
07-23-2007, 07:46 PM
actually both of our peak hp and torque are fairly close to the same rpm. you have a hair more torque where i have a lil more hp. kind of cool to compare different mods and actually see how and where they work:D

zrpilot
07-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Pretty similar runs! I did not think to pull the EHS lid off. Even though I don't think I'd ride on the trail without it.

When I first looked at yours, it appeared that your power was a bit more peaky, but after studying it closely, they both have roughly the same flat and broad torque and HP numbers.

I'd be really curious to find out what your needle and pilot is and what clip your on?

Good info, thanks for posting.

GPracer2500
07-23-2007, 09:50 PM
FWIW, I notice one is in STD correction and the other is in SAE correction. This refers to the correction scheme that adjusts the results to "standard atmospheric conditions". The two schemes are a little different with STD using slightly higher air pressure and lower temperature. So STD correction will give you results higher than SAE by perhaps a few percent.

Just pointing that out as another one of those little things that makes comparing dyno runs so tricky.

But all that aside; nice runs fellas and thanks for sharing!

400exMO
07-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by zrpilot
Here is a list of my mods:
GT Thunder XC Porting
Honda HRC Cam
Wiseco 11:1
39MM FCR w/ Boyesen Quick shot
155 main
52 low speed
OCEMR needle on 3rd notch
Pro Design filter Kit with Uni Filter.
EHS Racing Outerwears Airbox lid.
HMF Ballance Pro Full Exhaust.
GT Thunder 8 Plate Clutch Kit
GT Thunder HD Stud Kit

And I'm thinking about putting a bigger pilot, like a 56.. You probably noticed the leanness in the beginning of run. I think that is from an un-equal exhaust runner length.
This is nice to see, these are basically my plans for this winter. You said it was bored to 416 right?
Would anyone have any idea how the 450R carb would compare?
Also how would the curve compare between an xc port and a mx port?

zrpilot
07-24-2007, 10:39 AM
A 450R carb would provide similar performance.

Unsure about the XC vs. MX porting, but I think that it would raise the power and torque curves higher in the RPM range.. Speak to your engine builder.

bayou boy
07-24-2007, 05:03 PM
i built a carbon copy of my mods for a friend except we used the 450 carb on his. mine is a lil stronger not by much though. i wanted to dyno his to see the difference if there is that much to talk about. his motor kept blowing gaskets due to pulled threads so i have it down right now. we had the heavy studs installed but while its down we decided to get a higher compression piston (12:1 je 416 bore with thin gaskets). he is going to get it dynoed when it is broken in. i will post his results in about a month so we can compare the higher compression with the same mods. the 450 carb is excellent bang for the buck. do it it is an ez mod and well worth it. i may be wrong but zrpilot has the xc port and i have a full port the little bit of hp mine has may be the port difference......BUT he has the hrc cam where i have the hc old stg 2. although the 2 cams are fairly similiar and he also left the ehs lid on where i pulled mine off here is a run i made with the ehs lid on

bayou boy
07-24-2007, 05:05 PM
oops too small here we go