PDA

View Full Version : What other bumpers will fit on my 250?

JBacon
07-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Will a suzukis fit on mine? im guessing not but i found some very good deals on some bumpers...incredible deals. z400? i wish they did...

DJR300ex
07-22-2007, 09:12 PM
nope, they dont. and i see that you have a 400ex rear shock, how did you make that work?

JBacon
07-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by DJR300ex
nope, they dont. and i see that you have a 400ex rear shock, how did you make that work?

actually its a front 400ex shock on the rear. Im going to try installing it today. I think "lonestar" had a works series front 400ex shock and put it on the rear of his 250ex and he liked it alot. So im going to do it....

Lonestar_R
07-23-2007, 01:53 PM
yes I do have one on the rear of my wifes 250EX...it is much nicer that the stock rear. The stock rear won't even squat the bike with me on it. And I am 6'1" 240. So my wife at around 140 pounds sure isn't going to like the stiff stock rear. I just lucked into a pair of non ressi works fronts for a 400EX. Since one of them had a broken shaft they went for like 65 shipped on ebay. They were are little rough and need serviced. I still need to send the springs to pappy to get powdercoated and the shock itself to C&D to be serviced and or revalved for her. I am currently looking for a set of aftermarket fronts and wider a-arms for it. so the ride will be even nicer for her.

All that needs done with the 400EX shock is it needs to be shimmed to fit. Other than that it bolts right up. So good grade 8 washers and your set.

If you do a search I know you can find pics of wifes quad on here.