PDA

View Full Version : I dun f###ed up!

YZROOSTINYA
10-24-2002, 04:35 AM
Well I put my je 10.8:1 piston in last night, through the cylinder on, put the head on, and I notice there is a little hole next to the cam chain provision. I remember somebuddy talking about removing the plunger when putting in the new Hotcam which doesn't have decompression mechanism. well the spring and plunger are not there and I do not know where they are? I swear to god I saw them before but I do not remem if I took it out or if it fell out. Out of paranoia I pulled the clutch cover last night to make sure it did not fall down the cam chain slot. I couldn't find it anywhere, but i did notice there were some metal filings in the oil screeen in the bottom of the case probally from break-in so I guess it was worth it. I think I put them somewhere just dont know where, I remember seeing it and saying to myself pull those out before they fall in the hole! I figure while I have it off I am gonna throw on some heavy duty clutch springs. My dealer has 8 gaskets in stock and I need to get the sprocket flange off the stock cam and pressed on my hotcam anyhow. Just pisses me off I let that slide by. I also really hate removing gaskets. Anyhow I should have the motor together tonight and fully broken in by tomorrow and hopefully we will be hitting up rausch creek on saturday and tower city on sunday.....

I cant wait, this thing better rip........:devil :devil :devil

Sparks425Ex
10-24-2002, 04:52 AM
Man i hate when ya remember things being there btu when ya turn around they are gone. And you aren;t sure what happened.
IGood Luck. I bet it does Rip. And i bet it has a nice sound too.

YZROOSTINYA
10-24-2002, 05:03 AM
i have a pro-meg e-series full system, it is gona sound sweet!