PDA

View Full Version : Got Fly Bars, what to do with indicators?

JBacon
07-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Ok, i got some free fly bars and i need to know where i should put my N and R indicators. I know someone on here fabricated like a metal plate or something, can i get pictures or ideas? I prefer not drilling in plastic though...:ermm:

hondarider101
07-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by JBacon
Ok, i got some free fly bars and i need to know where i should put my N and R indicators. I know someone on here fabricated like a metal plate or something, can i get pictures or ideas? I prefer not drilling in plastic though...:ermm:

well is it old or new version?? well i have a old 03 that got new bars , what i did was put em in the light bot think not in the light on the back side like the are facing you it looks reaaly good the i put some super glue around it to hold it in GOODLUCK:devil:

mx825
07-23-2007, 08:17 PM
take them out. they disconect on the left side a bit south of the gas tank.

tedwilley
07-26-2007, 05:41 PM
I just put on a set of Pro Taper bars, and I had been wondering the same thing about the light and key cluster.
However, I was able to put the lights/key plastic mount back on under the crossbar. It is no longer secured by the screw (that attached to the old bars), the fact I can tilt it back and forth allows my to insert/remove the key. I put the neutral light in the lowest hole (where the reverse light belongs) and now I can see when the transmission is in neutral. I am not as concerned about knowing I am in reverse.
It may not be a slick permanent fix, but it has gotten me by until I find something better.
The remaining issue is where to attach the choke control?