PDA

View Full Version : electric or pull starter

iceman 22
07-22-2007, 10:27 AM
hey guys anybody out there with a answer to my question about the pro's and cons of using a pull starter instead of the electric starter. Ands can a 8 year old pull start this bike or will i have to do it everytime for him. Thanks guys.

redzoomer
08-05-2007, 05:22 AM
We have both on my son's quad and Yes an 8 y/o can pull it.

Ry007
08-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Go for both! I have both on my 03 lt80. The bike is made for either or both so there is no harm done. If weight is a concern go for the pull start... then you won't need the battery. But the recoil backup is perfect...Thats my 2 cents.

LT Crazy
08-17-2007, 10:29 AM
I agree, I also use both and it's been very helpful, in my case with the compression being a little high, the starter doesn't always do a real good job, one rip of the rope and we're gone. The recoil handle is kinda small and a little hard to get a nice grip on and if your compression has been jacked up, a young rider might have a tough time with it, my son struggles with this. Other than that, I wouldn't be without it!

cmskms
03-24-2009, 08:10 PM
I didn't want to start a whole new thread so i revived this old one.

Anyone having any issues with breaking the plastic gear in the pull start mechanism? I've broken 2 in the past 2 months. And i'm not being rough with it. Just wondering if anyone else has run in to this issue?

LT80
03-25-2009, 09:24 AM
Are you using the cork gasket behind the pull start? It acts like a spacer and the gears only hit 1/2 way w/o it.

cmskms
03-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Yea i was using the cork gasket. I'm wiring up a new electric starter as well. I need to find a detailed wiring diagram also.