PDA

View Full Version : CRich[814] or anyone who has a CR125!

rYan01400EX
07-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Alright - so I got that CR125 and have a few questions..

- Is it easy to jet this thing? Whats good to follow on it? Another carb issue is - after a hard landing - the float will stick?

- Reccomended fuel ratio that you didn't have any problems with? I run 32:1 now.

- I need more bottom end. Reeds? What else? Different flywheel?

- It bogs. Assuming this is jetting?

- Will any silencer mate up to any exhaust pipe? I want a Pro Circuit shorty but already have a Bills fatty. Also, how can I clean that thing up nice? It has spots on it and maybe a little rust..

- Best tires for hard pack tracks?

- I've got a leaky exhaust seal.. The TM Designworks no leak seal a good fix?

- Nice simple graphics kit... Can't find many?

Keep in mind I don't know much so any help is awesome. I was a member on another forum but they're pricks there and won't help out... So really, anyone who can help, I appreciate it.

ZeroLogic
07-21-2007, 10:16 PM
- Is it easy to jet this thing? Whats good to follow on it? Another carb issue is - after a hard landing - the float will stick?

Its common sense. There is plenty of guilds on the internet about two stroke jetting. Not sure what you mean by "after a hard landing".

- Reccomended fuel ratio that you didn't have any problems with? I run 32:1 now.

Thats a good ratio, I run 40:1.

Switch up the sprockets.

Bogs in the powerband?

- Will any silencer mate up to any exhaust pipe? I want a Pro Circuit shorty but already have a Bills fatty. Also, how can I clean that thing up nice? It has spots on it and maybe a little rust..

Not sure I was wondering about that myself. Steel wool and polish.

IRC are good tires.

Where at? If its from the header, they make seals. If its from the muffler, make sure everything is nice and tight. If its comming out the exhaust tip either your jetting is off or you need to twist the throttle more.

I get all my parts from Motosport.com.

I am just learning too and I had the same questions as you when I began. So some of this may be worng. But hey, I tried.:macho

mine
07-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by rYan01400EX
Alright - so I got that CR125 and have a few questions..

Keep in mind I don't know much so any help is awesome. I was a member on another forum but they're pricks there and won't help out... So really, anyone who can help, I appreciate it.

Jetting, It will always be hard for me, a 125 has to be jetted almost every time out to the track, temp/humidity/elevation etc..

jetting - i run 36:1 Its in the middle of 32 and 40

Power - learn to use the clutch (like a mofo) without knowing how to use the clutch on a 125, you would be better off on a ttr, If your still lacking power, look into reeds and port/polish possibly a 134 or a 134. A pipe on a 2-stroke really does nothing except change the location of power in the rpm range. FMF fatty is a good allround pipe tho, It makes the bike alittle easier to ride. Head mods will also allow you to take it alittle bit easier on the clutch.

Bogging? It could be anything from electric, to a bad spark plug, to bad fuel, to jetting, etc.. theres so much that can be wrong. Take it to your local shop and get it checked out.

Mixing pipes is not good, Pro circuit pipes are made to be used togethor, or atleast used with a stock pipe/silencer. the bills pipe might offer high end power, when the pro circuit shorty offers a ton of bottom. Iwouldnt mix them, if you can find somebody that will help with jetting and whatnot. It will be good for experimenting. Just be careful to much air and you will your motor.

Tires. - I run nothing but michelens in the back, ms3 is my favorite. they hook up like no other. for the front, it doesnt really matter. as long as it has good knobbies. ( If you are not pro)

Leaky exaust - rplace the oring and find an exaust connector collor.

Graphics - look on ebay, some really good deals. depending on the year, ebay might have some goodies for rediculously cheap.

Go to pingertalk.com and ask questions - Its dedicated to nothing but 2-stroke dirtbikes. Although theres only like 20 regular users. they will help you. Thumpertalk.com is also good but they will pull your leg alittle bit.(ie you should install the nootar valve before you ride)

Uhmm thats about it. anymore questions and ill be more than happy to help.

Mike

rYan01400EX
07-21-2007, 11:13 PM
What is the easiest way to measure that? Jetting is hard for me too.. I don't have all the time needed to put jets in and test ride it.. come back and voila.. can't do it. ... I have to ride it 55 times and still don't get it right!

Ah well... Signs of rich or lean on the 2 stroke I don't know about either.. I don't know how to tell which one it is..

mine
07-21-2007, 11:17 PM
Buy a ratiorite cup from your dealer. Its pretty much the only way you are able to mix it.

http://www.motosport.com/offroad/productDetail.php?prodId=103498&nav=&sMMY=

400exrider989
07-21-2007, 11:36 PM
well rich as in lots of gas/oil would make your plugs oily and dark almost black this could also be caused by not being on the throttle long enough to keep it burning clean

lean is what you should really watch for it well be a super light to almost grey and dry

you want your jetting to have nice brown plugs that have some to little misture

now do his and save yourself

1. warm up your bike with the normal plug
2. have a new plug with you
3. once it is warm (idle for a good 5 min) put the new plug in it
4. start the bike an the second you her it come to life rip it from 1-last gear and hold last gear for 5 seconds
5. once you hit the last gear for 5 seconds pull in your clutch and hit the kill switch and coast to a stop dont let outthe clutch till your stopped
6. make sure you keep the plug that you used to warm it up with in your pocket cuz you need to pull ot the plug you just did the test with and ride it back to your house or truck
7. cut the threads off the old plug and you want to look at a 2-3 mm brown ring around the bottom of the plug

if its smaller than 2-3 mm then your lean and put bigger main jets in
if its lke 5 mm than your rich an drop a min jet size and do the test again

this test tell you the jetting of your bike

good luck and have fun

P.S make sure that you do the test on a day that has the correct riding temperature for you

oh and 36:1 is great

CRich[814]
07-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Alright - so I got that CR125 and have a few questions.

saweeet.

Is it easy to jet this thing? Whats good to follow on it? Another carb issue is - after a hard landing - the float will stick?

no, and thats not normal at all. tear it apart and clean it and re-assemble correctly. that might help the float.

Reccomended fuel ratio that you didn't have any problems with? I run 32:1 now.

32:1 is a great ratio.

I need more bottom end. Reeds? What else? Different flywheel?

reeds are great. if your top end is wore out, replace it. a ton more power.

It bogs. Assuming this is jetting?

mostlikely. clean out the air filter too. but jetting has to be the culprit.

Will any silencer mate up to any exhaust pipe? I want a Pro Circuit shorty but already have a Bills fatty.

the silencer mostlikely will fit. it might take a little modification. but im pretty sure it'll fit.

Also, how can I clean that thing up nice? It has spots on it and maybe a little rust..

take a grinder and grind off all the rust. then take sandpaper (start with around 400 grit) and sand the rust spots off. then end with 1200-2000 wetsand and then polish. it'll look brand new.

Best tires for hard pack tracks?

any hard compound tire. starcross' hardly wear out.

I've got a leaky exhaust seal.. The TM Designworks no leak seal a good fix?

TM makes great products. if you adjust your pipe all the way up on the flange, and then use two springs, it shouldn't leak.

Nice simple graphics kit... Can't find many?

what year is your bike?

everyone around here tries to help. sorry i didn't see this earliar, i was out riding for most of the weekend. check out pingertalk.com too. 2 stroke MX site.