PDA

View Full Version : How many would buy this?

sahlberg
07-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Well, I have a website- www.*.com (not trying to advertise) and I could make skid plates (engine skid plates) for the older 400exs. I dont know if it's worth it or not. Would any of you be intersted? It'd be .190 thick aluminum.

and would anybody be interested in a-arm guards for sale too or no?

Just wondering...not trying to adervertise what so ever.

thanks

casey_lamm
07-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Do you have any pictures of prototypes?

Originally posted by sahlberg
Well, I have a website- www.*.com (not trying to advertise) and I could make skid plates (engine skid plates) for the older 400exs. I dont know if it's worth it or not. Would any of you be intersted? It'd be .190 thick aluminum.

and would anybody be interested in a-arm guards for sale too or no?

Just wondering...not trying to adervertise what so ever.

thanks

sahlberg
07-21-2007, 06:10 PM
No, haven't created anything yet. Just wondering if people are interested, I'll get the skids made quicker.

casey_lamm
07-21-2007, 06:48 PM
well, im interested in nerfs...one thing that really helps this sell is if you take the time and design them so the are very easy to install.

Im in the market for a set for my 07 400 right now...

Just search around you will find what people want..

me I would like a set that incorperates the factory peg with a built in heel guard.

No, haven't created anything yet. Just wondering if people are interested, I'll get the skids made quicker.

sahlberg
07-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Well, I'm not going to start with nerf bars yet. I'm starting with skids and get skid plates for most major bikes, then get into the more complicated stuff.

Now, I just realized actually (duh) I can just go to my dealership to get the angles and everything for the newer 400exs and stuff so anybody with newer 400exs that are interested, throw your input in as well.

j450rking
07-21-2007, 08:11 PM
i would say make some people will buy them and you could also do some other stuff like master cylinder guards and foot pegs, air scoops battery boxes air boxes and all that good stuff oh and a good over sized tool box would be great!

casey_lamm
07-21-2007, 08:14 PM
im interested, the problem is building a reputation and track record. Im not sure what the quality is like...but in my own business...at first I had to do stuff at a loss just to get a customer base.

Again, im intersted in skids for a 07 as well...but my statement earlier also stands. If it can match up with factory holes and bolt on...you will sell alot more then if people have to drill and such..

Originally posted by j450rking
i would say make some people will buy them and you could also do some other stuff like master cylinder guards and foot pegs, air scoops battery boxes air boxes and all that good stuff oh and a good over sized tool box would be great!

j450rking
07-21-2007, 08:28 PM
yeah if they don't go on easy then nobody will want them

ride-to-live
07-21-2007, 09:55 PM
How much would you be selling these skid plates for??

casey_lamm
07-21-2007, 10:05 PM
will you be powder coating them?
Originally posted by ride-to-live
How much would you be selling these skid plates for??

sahlberg
07-21-2007, 10:35 PM
Wow, thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

My main goal actually is simplicity. The snorkel kits I sell , man, can't get any easier to install.

These skids will be very easy to install. I just really have to take a look at them. Once Honda opens (tuesday) I'll go down and get some measurements .

I honestly have no idea what the cost will be since I don't know how much the aluminum cost. Also, I don't know how much aluminum I will need either.

So, I'm definately going to make a engine skid plate, most likely a-arm skid plates for the newer 400exs first.

What are the year ranges for the 400exs? Like, on the Honda Recons, theres 01-04 , and then 05-07. What are they for the 400exs plus a little farther back? (sorry, just want to double check).

And as far as powder coating. That can be done upon request to any color wanted. My good friend has a powder coater at his shop so it can be done there.

thanks again for the feedback. appreciate it.

j450rking
07-21-2007, 10:38 PM
as far as skids go the 400ex is the same from 99 to 07 thats all the years they have been made.

sahlberg
07-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by j450rking
as far as skids go the 400ex is the same from 99 to 07 thats all the years they have been made.

Ok, cool. Was just double checking. Thanks

sahlberg
07-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Sorry. Did not mean to cause a ruccus.

hornetgod13
07-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Some of you guys should come over and check out our forums- www.*.com/forum

We don't have any sport riders on there yet, only utility so I'd love to see some of you guys build up the sport atv side! Thanks

Shameless plug of your own website. I doubt that will last long on here.

j450rking
07-22-2007, 12:47 PM
don't try to get guys off here for your foum it will just lose you bussiness

JOEX
07-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Some of you guys should come over and check out our forums- www.*.com/forum

We don't have any sport riders on there yet, only utility so I'd love to see some of you guys build up the sport atv side! Thanks

5. No commercial advertising of any sort, except for advertising for our sponsors/paid advertisers - including banners in posts, avatars, or signature lines, website addresses, phone numbers, or messages (public or private). This includes users advertising for different shops or companies. We enjoy all shops taking part in ATVriders but no contact information, including websites or phone numbers. The administrator alone will make the final decision on what is advertising but as a simple rule it covers all retail shops, chop shops, and product manufacturers big and small. Manufacturers are strongly encouraged to post information on their own products, but please no ads or prices. Violation of this rule will result in one warning and then a permanent ban.

sahlberg
07-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Ok, sorry. Was just stating that. Thats all. Sorry.

Should get these 400ex skids started very soon.

choco
07-23-2007, 01:25 AM
Personally..

Not abiding by these forum rules makes me feel like these skid plates arent a reliable source. Thought for the right price, and quality I might beable to forgive you :P. Post some pics I am interested for an 06.

JOEX
07-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by choco
Personally..

Not abiding by these forum rules makes me feel like these skid plates arent a reliable source. Thought for the right price, and quality I might beable to forgive you :P. Post some pics I am interested for an 06.
It has nothing to do with reliability or quality. It has to do with site sponsorship;) sahlberg's ATV business isn't a sponsor if atvriders.com so isn't allowed to post links to his business.

topdogjosh
07-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Guys, dont get in too big of an uproar with salburg, hes just a 14 year old kid. Hes on the highlifter forum all the time doing this kind of stuff. Hes very ambitous about fabricating, but truth be told he has absolutly no fab. skills. Not trying to get you down salburg, but these guys want to spend their money on proven products, not stuff you and your dad make in your garage.

j450rking
07-25-2007, 05:42 AM
wow only 14 and allreddy has a site thats pretty cool but i think if he makes some good stuff it shouldn't matter how or were he makes it and i give him alot of credit for even trying

good luck man!

86 Quad R
07-25-2007, 09:40 AM
sahlberg did ya get my pm or what? :huh