PDA

View Full Version : Hmf Engineering

400exrapes
07-21-2007, 09:08 AM
I was wondering If I wanted to change my pipe color of my hmf slip on could I send it back to HMF engineering and could the change the color for like 20-30 bucks? And also I bought a slip on hmf but if I wanted the full pipe I would have to send the pipe back to hmf engineering as well right?

nickk
07-21-2007, 09:55 AM
IDK about changing the color of it, but as far as getting their full system, Yes you will need to send ur slip on back to them. Ask them about changing the color of your pipe @ hmfengineering.com they have a forum on their site.

400exrapes
07-21-2007, 10:06 AM
ok thanks nick i appreciate that

nickk
07-22-2007, 12:22 AM
Np, Thats what were here for.

400exrapes
07-23-2007, 10:17 AM
well i called hmf today and they gave me some cruddy service, the lady was hard to understand and sounded liek she was getting annoyed at me and said that i could change colors and get a new can?? for 20$ i was oh okay and she goes but your looking at a total of 270$ i was like um well can i just send you my pipe and you can change the color and she says yeah, get a new can for 20 dollars i was like ok good, but your looking at a total of 270$ i was like alright well what if i wanted the header to my slip on would i need to send you back my slip on pipe and she goes is it a honda i said yes and she goes well yes you would have to do that and only for 350$ i was like wow you can kiss my *** but i didnt say that but i asked if just for 20dollars if she could send me my old pipe back with a different color and she said yes for 20 but it would be a total of 270 so then its not 20 dollars pal lol jeez forums are so much better

mod440ex
07-23-2007, 02:25 PM
sounds to me like your first problem was u were talking to a woman:devil:

Ace Sixx
07-23-2007, 02:39 PM
I imagine that you are stuck with the color you have. I've never heard of anyone sending a can back and having the color changed, especially for 20 bucks!

Perhaps you could disassemble your can yourself and have it powdercoated. If that is too much work, bite the bullet and buy a new full system (since that's what you ultimately want) in the color you desire and sell your old slip on.

400exrapes
07-23-2007, 05:37 PM
haha yeahh well i'll make it work, if i get a header ill get the fmf powerbomb header because its not 350.00 and its just as good. with the color its fine ill paint alot of other stuff and it matches my nerfs and will match a bumper i get so it will still look good