PDA

View Full Version : trade my truck or not????

Rootar
07-20-2007, 09:33 PM
well my dad made me a pretty good offer today. He wants me to give my truck, that i have all fixed up just the way i want it, to my little brother. In return ill get a 97 Ford 3/4 ton diesel that we bought new in 97. It was his personal truck for about 3 years, then it was his work truck for a few more, then it was a couple guys who work for hims work truck up until november of 06 since then it has been around the house just to tug trailers around as we needed it.

Since my truck is an 04 F-150 swb reg cab, has 40,000 miles on it (i put 28,000 of them since it had 12 when we bought it) and ive spent alot of money and time on it i forsure knew i wasnt gonna trade even. He wants me to take the truck because itll pull my race trailer like it aint even behind it (my truck struggles to get anything over 60mph with its v6). It is also an extended cab lwb so that would be much more room and its more stable pulling too.

Here is the deal with the truck though it has 240,000 miles. it had a new tranny put in 15,000 miles ago and new batteries. It had a new alternator at 200,000 miles. its got new tires and the interior its detailed looking clean, i mean perfect. IT DOES ride like crap prolly because it still has the original shocks, the wheels are the factory alumnium ones but the center caps never stay on, and the cd play in it works when it wants, its has never had a set of injectors put in (still gets 17mpg, and 13 towing). So if i trade my dad will put new injectors, shocks, wheels, and a low rise tool box for the bed, and when the motor ever does wear out he'll have it rebuilt. After that im on my own and ill be responsible for the truck and repairs. Ill put my system outta my truck in this one and my brother would have to get his own.

what do you guys think? i start college in a month so i gotta make up my mind pretty quick so i can get this thing fixed up or help find my brother a truck to drive to highschool since i wont be taking him anymore.

here is a picture of my truck and im looking for a pic of the 97 model

XCpred
07-21-2007, 08:16 AM
Can't go wrong with a diesel. I had a 99 F-250 with the 7.3 and a 5 speed before I got my car and I sure do miss that thing.

Ghost-Rider
07-21-2007, 09:42 AM
I like your F-150,reminds me of mine but i think you should do the trade.

GlowBoy
07-21-2007, 01:17 PM
I would go with the powerjoke, thats my opinion.

protraxrptr17
07-21-2007, 03:29 PM
I would trade. The only (major) thing that isn't new on the F-250 is the engine, and your Dad said he would fix that if it blows. He also said he would fix just about everything wrong with it. Sounds like a good deal to me for both of you. You get a nice truck that will pull your trailer better. Your Dad gets a good deal because he doesn't have to go out and buy another truck for your brother. He can just fix up the F-250 for you. I say go for it.

Rootar
07-21-2007, 05:18 PM
actually zeb it be a very good deal for my dad because the truck is basically free since its been payed off for 6 years now lol he has gotten his moneys worth out of this truck two fold he jsut likes it so much he doesnt want to sell it. think im gonna call him and tell im gonna start ordering the stuff for it.

guess i need to start working on a bumper for this truck now :p