PDA

View Full Version : K&N filter

ACDVX400
07-20-2007, 08:13 PM
does anybody have a no airbox setup with a K&N filter, and if you do, have you ever had any issues going through mud, or water?
Right now I still have the stock airbox, but put a K&N Lid kit on, and an inside filter. The filter inside the box doesn't seem to be air tight though, and I am just a little paranoid.
thanks

Spasky
07-23-2007, 06:36 AM
Hi,

I also ride DVX 400 (07) and would like to ask you if there is any difference with no air box and K&N filter? Is it quicker?

thx

Spasky

ACDVX400
07-23-2007, 08:13 AM
I still have the stock box, but I have a K&N filter inside the box. I also have a K&N lid kit.
http://www.partsforatvs.com/default.asp?p=1372&c=942&cn=M3Q+Z400+POWER

It does bring more power, especially since you have exhaust. The K&N filter inside the box however, doesn't seal to the inside of a box worth a crap, but I have had no problems with my engine, and I have had it on there for about a year.

Mav_KFX400
07-30-2007, 12:31 PM
the only problem i had with my K&N lid was that i was riding in snow and i managed to pack so much snow into the filter (because i didn't put the outerwear on) that my 4wheeler started running like cr@p cuz it wasn't getting enough air so i just popped it off for the time being and it ran fine but other then that i've never had any problems going through mud or water. :D

honda6490
07-30-2007, 07:30 PM
You should get a outerwear if you run no box definatly, I would reccomend one even if you just run no lid.

fasterz69
07-30-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by honda6490
You should get a outerwear if you run no box definatly, I would reccomend one even if you just run no lid.

i will second that i run the pro design system with k&n and outerwear plus no lid so i dont have problems so outerwear really helps and its easier to clean when its dirty then your whole filter